My mom's breast cancer...

Options
flatbellybella
flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
April has been a month to remember... :s
I found out my mom most likely has breast cancer... We're awaiting a biopsy appointment and CT scan.
We have no family history and my mom is fit and healthy. I am beyond devastated ... This feels like a nightmare I can't wake up from.

I'm trying to be strong for her but I am shattered... I have no appetite and no urge to do anything I use to do. I work as a nurse and it is so hard to go into work. Everyone I talk to says "stay calm, one day at a time, meditate meditate" easier said than done. I am so scared

If anyone is in my shoes or has experienced this please reach out. Please feel free to message or add me

Replies

• TASoto
    TASoto Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    well there is nothing to say because nothing helps the worry is unbearable only someone that has gone through knows exactly how you must feel, your mom WILL survive breast cancer and will come out STRONGER and BETTER, JUST BE THERE FOR HER !!
  • AudreysMommy2014
    AudreysMommy2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was a witness to that!!! I completed four months of neoadjuvant chemotherapy, surgery and radiation recently and it was challenging, but also a tremendous blessing! Acknowledging fear is important but not as important is practicing gratitude. There is a lesson to learn in the midst of the diagnosis for your Mom, and those that love her...Look for it! Grasp it! Then prepare for the transformation...
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi there, hope your mom is doing well! I'm in the midst of radiation treatment after chemo and surgery. The good news is the chemo worked, even if it did almost kill me. I am currently cancer free! Unfortunately I haven't been able to exercise all year so I'm looking forward to getting healthy again.