Motivation

Options
cschof18
cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
Hi guys! Looking for a little motivation today- what are some tips that you guys have for getting (and staying) motivated?

Replies

• KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I take something I know I want to fit into, and I put it out so I have to see it frequently. Whenever I look at it I remember to keep this up!!! My plaid winter coat that I haven't been able to wear since 2010 is always out for me to see!

MFP, hands down. I seriously stay on track by logging on. I find if I don't, I just seem to care less and start eating more. Stick to it!

Allowing the treats! Fit them in the calorie limit. If I don't allow it, I will just want it more and more! So always make room for the little things you know you love!

• Andersonhea
    Andersonhea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a picture on my phone that my mom accidentally took as I was walking away from her to get in position for the actual photo. It is not flattering and was a real eye opener for me.
    I also have a couple of clothing items I want to wear again.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am visual in a lot of ways so I always look at pictures of how I'd like to look and think about the clothes I'd like to wear. Then I'm subsequently motivated by the weight loss and the visual progress.
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I look at the pictures of me at my sons wedding. Not only do they make me smile. I want to look as I did then even with extra wrinkles ha ha.
    Reading all your wonderful stories helps to. There inspiring and sound just like me, forever trying to keep on the straight and narrow!
  • cschof18
    cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I recently stuck a very large before picture on my fridge, it seems to be helping a bit!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    cschof18 wrote: »
    I recently stuck a very large before picture on my fridge, it seems to be helping a bit!

Oh yeah you can never have enough of those and don't get rid of them!!