Anyone have low blood pressure issues after surgery!?

Options
lbrown1428
lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
I'm 2 years out the 12 of this month. Before my sleeve surgery I ran normal blood pressure 120/70 never high and never low. Ever since the surgery 2 years ago my bp runs low. At my dr appt yesterday it was 90/48. My surgeon says I have to have some other underlying health issue I don't know about because he said the surgery couldn't have caused it. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their blood pressure? TIA

Replies

• Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It is normal and should adjust in time. It takes one mile of blood vessels to circulate one pound of fat. As you lose the fat, your body has to re-absorb the vessels. During this time of adjustment, your blood pressure may be lower than normal. My BP is always on the Lw end (around 100/56), however when I drop 5-10 pounds in a month, it will drop lower for a few days then balance back out. I also notice problems with my sugar balancing when my body decides to leg go of a few pounds in a row. I just keep tabs of the cycles and log what I am doing and eating so I can spot trends and notify my doctor if something doesn't feel right. Hope that helps.