Hair Loss

Options
I am 14 months post VSG and have pretty niches stalled on weight loss, but am still losing inches or at least toning and dropping sizes. My question concerns hair loss. I am still losing a lot. I have upped my biotin and at my last appt with my new PCM he didn't seem concerned. At what point can I expect my hair to start filling in? I currently have an appointment on Thursday to get it cut shorter since it looks so bad, I no longer feel good wearing down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this low point in my life.

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 1/2 yrs out, and my hair was always thin/fine, even before surgery. I lost alot and ended up cutting my hair really short. It's still growing in, I have baby hairs sticking up every where, lol.. It's taken a while, but I'm starting to notice that my hair is getting a little thicker and longer. Hopefully soon I'll be able to put it in a clip! :smiley:
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My hair loss has gone in cycles. Yours should start coming back in soon. I am current finishing a second hair loss cycle, with it just starting to grow back. The funny part is when I was young I had thick curly hair. As I got older, it thinned some and straightened out a lot. After the first round of loss, it came back wavy/curly again. Waiting to see how this round of new hair comes it...other than being grey, lol