Turn off Fitbit Steps - Still get calorie adjustments?

Options
sbl1881
sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
I turned off the fitbit steps in MFP because I just didn't care to see it show up as exercise. Will this impact the fitbit calories adjustments from appearing as well? I have negative adjustments enabled too.

Replies

• KaeChelleA
    KaeChelleA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you just selected "don't track steps" but still have your fitbit linked to MFP, you should still get the calorie adjustments. If you unlinked your fitbit completely, of course you will not get the calorie adjustments.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks for the response!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Actually, I know that in the past, when MFP spontaneously switched me to "Don't track steps", the calorie adjustment disappeared. I'm not sure I understand the point of turning off the steps in MFP - they don't affect anything. The only thing MFP does with the step number it gets from Fitbit is display it. It doesn't affect your calorie adjustment.
  • KaeChelleA
    KaeChelleA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. That is strange. I wonder why it's even an option to track or not track steps versus just disconnecting the fitbit. Sorry if I was wrong.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think it's just so you don't have to go open your fitbit app to see the number of steps when you do want to know what they are. Like any good app maker, MFP would rather you "look at" other apps as infrequently as possible. ;)