09/29 Thursday Day 492

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! In continuation of the Quitting the Sitting Bootcamp coming up here is another challenge to help you get in the zone!

Today's challenge:
For every 15 minutes sitting, get up and walk 30 seconds.

Not only are you being active but you'll be getting your steps in for the day!

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I will make this happen today.
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome challenge!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,873 Member
    Options
    Good one. Even when I can't get in 250 steps in an hour on a busy at work (busy means stuck in a chair for hours), I can get up for 30 sec every 15 min. I'll go for it.
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday so this is my first daily challenge :-) I love this 1!
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    not too hard at work - but after supper this will be a challenge - great to raise my awareness - tx
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    great challenge will do this big time
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I will do it
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't get up every 15 minutes. :s It's a great idea. I like it.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Failed this one - it simply wasn't practical for when I was in company, and when alone I found that every 15 mins was too short a time interval. It kept breaking into my concentration regarding what I was doing while sat. I could try and do 2 mins of walking once an hour instead.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    To folks who found it impossible to do this challenge and walk for 30 seconds after sitting for 15 minutes --- even standing and shifting positions every 20-30 minutes is very beneficial. Sitting in the same position for an extended period of time should be avoided. But yes, getting up and walking every hour for 2 minutes is great. (Sometimes that's all I can do at work) But if you can shorten the time interval to 20-30 minutes, even better!
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was hard but it did teach us a valuable lesson. Just how much we are actually sitting! You didn't fail, so long as you tried. Attempting something is always better than not attempting at all.

Also please remember that these challenges are suggestions only. If you feel you can't do something due to physical or schedule limitations then by all means adjust accordingly. Everyone's life is going a different path and I can't expect you all to be able to do the challenges sometimes. that's just how life is.

The fact of the matter is that you tried and THAT is what matters. :)