09/30 Friday Day 493

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! Themedalist posted this yesterday but I think I will add this in myself. When we did the last Sit Less Boot Camp in May, a lot of you asked us to send out reminders of when the next one is. Well with the hard work of my friend, themedalist, you can now sign up for email reminders!

When you sign up, you'll get daily reminders of what the challenge of the day is! Just sign up with the link here: http://www.quittingthesitting.org/sit-less-boot-camp-reminder.html

Also! About yesterday's challenge...

Yes, it was hard but it did teach us a valuable lesson. Just how much we are actually sitting! Some said they failed... Well I have news for you. You didn't fail, so long as you tried. Attempting something is always better than not attempting at all.

Also please remember that these challenges are suggestions only. If you feel you can't do something due to physical or schedule limitations then by all means adjust accordingly. Everyone's life is going a different path and I can't expect you all to be able to do the challenges sometimes. That's just how life is.

The fact of the matter is that you tried and THAT is what matters. :)

Now in contrast to yesterday's challenge. Today's is going to be significantly easier.

Today's Challenge:
check out http://quittingthesitting.org and learn more about the sitting disease!

We are going to be learning to fight it all next month so might as well read up on it a bit.

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,897 Member
    Options
    Since I am doing the Sit Less Boot Camp for the third time (I think), do I need to sign up again on the quitting the sitting website?
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Auna37 wrote: »

Today's Challenge:
    check out http://quittingthesitting.org and learn more about the sitting disease!

We are going to be learning to fight it all next month so might as well read up on it a bit.

Enjoyed finding out more! Particularly enjoyed the 23 and a half hours video :) Feeling inspired!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    We will be using the Quitting the Sitting website quite a lot in our first three daily challenges, but exploring and learning more is ALWAYS good!

Auna and I are excited to host Sit Less Boot Camp on MFP because we've seen, in our own lives and through the comments of past participants, how much better life becomes when we sit less and more more. We have more energy and enthusiasm, can manage our aches and pains better, and we're just happier than we were when we lived life mostly in a chair. And yes, the risks of a whole slew of nasty diseases go down when you become more active throughout your day. But for me, the biggest motivator is I just feel better!

It won't happen overnight or even in a couple days, but if you stick with us throughout October, I'm confident Sit Less Boot Camp will also help you "move to a better life".

• gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for October - bring it on!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!!! I am ready!