Misfit and Calories Earned

Options
rachelr1116
rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
I recently switched from a Fitbit Zip to a Misfit Shine, mostly because I wanted to be able to track swimming and cycling. I really like the Shine, I'm just wondering if I should trust the calories that get added to MFP everyday. With my Fitbit if I didn't get 5000 steps I would end up getting calories taken away. Yesterday I was lazy and ended up with 4,846 steps (489 Misfit points) but MFP says I earned 294 calories from my Misfit. I checked a similar day when I was still using my Fitbit and I got -54 calories for 4,330 steps.

I know no fitness tracker is going to be 100% correct but it just seems like a really big difference. With Fitbit I could eat all of the calories I earned and still lose but I'm not sure I trust Misfit enough to eat all the calories I seem to be earning. So, for those of you that have been using your Misfit for awhile, how accurate do the calorie burns seem to be?

Replies

• richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is pretty close. I usually eat most of my calories and can still lose what mfp is set at (0.5 lb a week).
  • richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like the misfit tracker for walking,running,swimming and cycling. However it sucks when I do a really exhausting weight lifting workout and it doesn't give me much credit. (oh well, I probably don't need to eat those calories anyway).