10/04 Tuesday Day 4 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
anb2z4krgh2c.jpg

Morning, Everyone! This has an alternative challenge but why not try and do both?

Today's Challenge: If you watch TV this evening, make a point to get up and walk during commercials. These commercial “breaks” are an easy way to increase your step count for the day and keep your body moving.

Alternative Challenge: Walk around while you talk on the phone today!

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will do that instead of Fast forwarding the commercials.
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    this sounds great! I have been "down" for a bout a week and a half now. Yes I have forgotten about the group and I'm sorry. I need to find out what's wrong with my foot so I can get back at my exercise (I miss it so bad!) I hope to get my grove back very soon and start crushing it again! Have a super day y'all!
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I don't usually watch TV, but tonight I will be watching the Jays game. I will plan to get up and move around at the end of each inning.
  • plemm927
    plemm927 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm incorporating the standing while I'm talking on the phone at my desk at work. I feel much better when I do this. I will work on standing/walking during the commercial breaks at home today. I love a new challenge!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    My perpetually active hubby is always getting up and interrupting a movie (since we don't watch TV with commercials). It has always annoyed me, but now I see that it is one of his secrets to staying fit. I think he does do it to annoy, though. ;)
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Stood and wandered about while on a 25 min phone call this lunchtime ^^ I try to avoid tv progs that have adverts (thank goodness for the BBC), but I'll try to follow the spirit of the challenge by standing up during crédits ^^
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll go for the alternate challenge because I talk on the phone A LOT!!! That being said, I will also try to get up during commercials this evening (though they usually get fast-forwarded!)
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for today's challenges. I'm greatly enjoying this. My "one thing" (standing while practicing my mandolin) has been a lot of fun. I'm finding that if I think about practicing I'm instantly reminded of my pledge to sit less, and vice versa. The reminder that I can do two of my goals in one span of time makes me smile and - voila! - I'm soon doing both. Yeah!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see that you are all embracing this challenge and modifying it as needed to fit your own situation. I realize many of us have the ability to watch commercial free programming or fast forward through the ads, but some movement breaks through an evening (or morning, or afternoon) of watching TV is absolutely essential.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'll be watching the VP debates for 2 hours on TV tonight ... those walks during the commercials will help keep my stress down!

Question ... is there any reporting of our accomplishments here, somewhere? Or is that not needed.
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    sounds good.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I'll be watching the VP debates for 2 hours on TV tonight ... those walks during the commercials will help keep my stress down!

Question ... is there any reporting of our accomplishments here, somewhere? Or is that not needed.

@Nikion901 this is a TERRIFIC idea! Love it! Thanks for suggesting it and here's the thread to post our Boot Camp accomplishments. Nothing too big or too small!

Great idea and THANKS!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10464940/your-sit-less-accomplishments-please-share-them-here
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea about walking during commercial breaks...I''ll get started on this at the next commercial break...and keep it up after today. :smile:
  • danzrlove
    danzrlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Did pretty well with this though when I got home I needed to finish work for my part time gig. Which included sitting at the computer.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just reading this today, and I didn't do this. I got up and used the phone a few times. Does that count?
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Not much TV or phone time yesterday. But, I did do a lot of pacing while rehearsing for my class today, so I'm counting that as my success. Too bad I can't pace and teach online at the same time, my headset cord isn't long enough and I need to see the computer screen the entire class. Back to making sure I take breaks from the screen when I can.
  • themedalist
    edited October 2016
    Options
    betsym3 wrote: »
    Just reading this today, and I didn't do this. I got up and used the phone a few times. Does that count?

Oh it counts, Betsy! :)
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Made it to 6,500 steps yesterday. Not too bad. I'll keep striving for 10,000!