Introduction

Options
Hi I'm Lauren. I will be having bypass surgery on August 1st. I've been considering surgery for three years now and finally feel ready. HW 289 CW 250 GW 130-140

Replies

• payntr
    payntr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren! Hope surgery went well and you are on your way! I had RNY aug. 23, 2016.
  • believefsc
    believefsc Posts: 49 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @payntr How are you feeling? What did you do, or not do, before surgery that prepared you for where you are now?

I'm scheduled for my orientation for September 21st so am a long way off from having surgery yet. I'm wanting to be in the best shape going in to the surgery that I can be - mentally, emotionally and physically.
  • payntr
    Options
    I went on dr. diet 2 weeks pre op, It consisted of 800 cal. a day of healthwise protein supplements, bars, shakes, and 1 pasta meal a day. And I started drinking lots of water which helps now adays. lol I feel great. No pain at all. Just sore a few days like after a hard ab workout. I would say overall: lose weight, drink more fluids, take vitamin supplement and exercise to prepare physically. I am in TN and my RNY was done by Dr. Stephen Boyce. I think its great you are getting prepared for you journey! I wish you the best of luck! :)
  • tjsterch
    tjsterch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, I had bypass conversion from vertical banded gastroplasty in April 2016. I have found this site really helpful for keeping track for calories, water, etc and it is nice for support. Please feel free to add me :)
  • flip26
    flip26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had my Bypass on 9/20/2016. I am on full liquids now.
  • aprilj79
    aprilj79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is April. I'm highly considering, even Dr recommends, having gastric bypass. I will be attending a seminar in late October (which I'm assuming is apart of the process?). I'm so excited!! I've been obese/ morbidly obese for all of my life. I need all the support I can receive!
  • payntr
    Options
    Welcome April! The seminar was the first of the steps too, along with research. I had my RNY on Aug. 23, 2016 and I am so glad I did! The support and advice on these forums is great! Just be mindful that everyone is different. I was sooo afraid of the pain, and I had none, at all. Good Luck on your new quest for health!