10/05 Wednesday Day 5 SLBC

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,209 Member
z45hzamzx2l3.jpg

Theme: Fall Cleaning Project 1!

Today's Challenge: We've all got small projects around the house that we've been meaning to get to. It might be reorganizing a closet, sweeping the garage, washing the car, raking the leaves, or something else. It's fall clean-up season so let's take a few times this month to finish that project and check it off the to-do list. You'll feel terrific afterwards!

Alternative Challenge: Instead of sitting while on the computer, put the laptop on the kitchen counter and stand! Or if you have a desktop take frequent breaks and walk around the house for a couple minutes.

Replies

• motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    good challenge I need to enforce this one daily thanks
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    awesome! thanks
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Great challenge. Tx
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    I'll be putting this particular challenge on the back burner for a few days, but will get to it soon. Basically I'll be swapping my summer wardrobe in my closet for my autumn/winter wardrobe this weekend - which involves a lot of standing up and walking around :p

I tried raising my lap top up usning boxes but it felt really awkward, couldn't get it at the right height for reading the screen, typing comfortably and using the mouse. So instead I'll be using a timer to remind me to stand up and walk about at least once an hour, if I am using the laptop for a long period of time.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    I'm going to finally take those donations to Goodwill that have been on my landing for months!

For those in the path of Hurricane Matthew, be safe!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    What serenditpity - my goal this October is just what todays challenge is all about!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Not having much on my to-do list today, this challenge reminds me that I have piles of my mother-in-law's stuff I need to go through, organize, and get rid of!! Looks like a good day to tackle that project! And, as a side note, I often stand at my kitchen island when I'm on my laptop. It is a HUGE first step to quitting the sitting while still getting computer time for those of us who need it!!
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Good ideas!
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    I have a lot of computer work today. I'll do as much as I can standing. :smiley:
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    My garage...ugh. Great day to take care of the mess, thanks for the awesome challenge.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,209 Member
    Glad to hear you like today's challenge. Should any of you run out of your own clean-up projects, feel free to come to my house. :)
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    I just thought of doing this today. Starting to get ready for the holidays! Less clutter to clean too. I'm in!
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    I will be going through my MIL Friday afternoon for donations. So two benefits - more standing and donations to a good cause.
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    This month I am deep cleaning my kitchen, a bit each day. Today I worked on the oven and 2 upper cabinets.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    I wasn't able to do much today due to Hurricane Matthew preparations...even though the odds are now that it will miss Southeastern Virginia...on the other hand, I got a lot of extra movement doing that. :smile:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,680 Member
    I folded and put away laundry this morning before I went to work. I never do housework on a week day.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    edited October 2016
    Instead of sitting and resting after my workout I took my dog for a walk. I was gone all afternoon driving and sitting at a dinner. When I got home it was dark but I talked my husband into a 20 minute walk. I will work on finishing my closet project tomorrow.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    This is timely - Ive really been avoiding the vacuum for some reason - doing it tonight!!