October 5 sign-ins

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    jmw1xagia1y4.jpg
    Hi, here is a little about me and why I am a leader of this group. I'm a guy...a senior citizen; a grandpa; and a very old little boy. The UAC is NOT necessarily about being the Biggest Loser or the Fastest Runner or being a Champion. The UAC is about publicly making a commitment to live healthy; being vulnerable and sharing your journey with other good-hearted folks.
    I am not at my ideal weight, but I am happiest when I eat thoughtfully; exercise regularly; and track my intake and exercise. I feel better; my clothes fit better and I'll probably live well a little longer.
    I once weighed 212 lbs and with guidance by Weight Watchers, I got down to 190. I just stopped there...for the last 20+ years. BUT, if I don't journal and be in accountability with you, I will gain it all back.
    Thanks for sharing your journey with me. I do like getting my knees green and my boots a little yucky. I'm a guy.
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!!! Exercise is done i decided to work on my core this morning. So at work they have chairs in everyone's station for you to use. Here is the deal if I use the chair I have to have it so high for everyone to see me that my feet don't touch anything. So I stand the whole time and I'm ok with it. I figure I won't get the butt spread if I'm not sitting on it. LOL

Today is pizza party I guess I will be eating in my car as I don't want the peer pressure of how come you don't eat pizza. I do eat it occasionally but usually when I have a day off the next day and when I'm home in case I get really sick from the crust. Since I make my pizza's using portabella mushrooms as my crust I don't miss pizza at all. Can't wait for this week of food and festivities to be over with. LOL

Am I my ideal weight? Hmmm...... Well all I wanted to be was a size 10 and I'm actually in between an 8 and a 6. I look fine but if you go with the BMI I am still 2 lbs from a healthy weight. I really want to be in that green section but if it doesn't happen it's not like it's the end of the world.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Went to work and guess what another PRESENT!!!!! Today I got a Lands End zipper tote bag in royal blue with the bank logo on it. Yippee Skippee I'm telling you I saw that and I was one happy camper. So I decided to stay in and have lunch with everyone I just couldn't partake of the food or I would be sick. I had a great time now tomorrow is the country club I'm still apprehensive about that but I'm going to go and see how it goes.

;) 10/5 Yep x's 3 LOL
  • EbnyIvry
    EbnyIvry Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    October 5

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 minutes spinning plus 2 hours yard work
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

I gained almost 15 lbs since losing my mom to cancer in February (that's .5 lb per week from mindless eating/drinking). It is so easy to gain and takes so much effort to lose and keep it off. Thanks to Rick for encouraging me to come back. I was the group leader here for about six months and during that time was very disciplined. Logging food and workouts really does work.

BTW, 2020pinktogo's pizza on a Portobello mushroom sounds delicious. I'm going to give it a try soon.
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Rick, I did catch the cat.
    Today I spent almost 6 hours doing yard work 1 hour 45 min cutting limbs, pulling and trimming vines the rest spent mowing (riding mower)
    EbnyIvry, Glad your back and sorry about the loss of your Mom.
    2020Pinktogo, Would like to know how you do your Portobello pizza.

• SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I soften the mushroom cap in a frying pan I have used butter or a little oil whatever is handy. I just do it on a low flame and I flip it a few times til a knife cuts it easily. Then I put it in a pie plate and I put all the toppings I want on it which happens to be pizza sauce black olives and whatever veggies are available and top with cheese and then I bake it til it looks goods if I'm in a rush I put it in the broiler. LOL
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    fearlessinmy3rdact Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes..30 minute Step class, 30 minute Pump and Sculpt class, 60 minute Barre class, 60 minute Yoga class, and 60 minutes strength training.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, easily.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Two walks, 183 minutes; 20 minutes, day five of challenges + 15 minutes SworkIt yoga.

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    10/5
    Yes- spin class
    Yes
    Yes

I'm gonna try that portobello pizza recipe. Thanks!

I'm here because I need accountability. I will do well and then get off track easily. Once I'm off, it can turn into crazy train time. I feel so much better about everything when I eat well and work out consistently. I lost weight with weight watchers after I had my kids. I have kept most off, but bounce up and down 10-15 pounds. Really want to figure out how to stay at goal weight. First up, get back to goal range. Then keep tracking and being accountable. Thanks for being there everyone! I really like the energy on this group!

@EbnyIvry Glad to see you back on track. :-)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @EbnyIvry was the leader when I joined the UAC. I would not be doing this now, if she had not been an encourager to me! Thanks.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I got on my stationary bike at 11pm tonight and rode for 20 minutes because I did not want to have to take a pass day after I'd worked hard to stick to my calories and track everything today. So thank you, UAC!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, I ate less than I'd planned because I did less than I'd planned!

My husband is definitely the gardener in our family. He likes to get his hands dirty and be outside. Me, not so much. That's one reason I love running. It forces me to be outside and appreciate nature and just be more in touch with my surroundings. I used to be happiest when I could curl up somewhere and read a book for hours on end, but I'm not sure I could do that anymore. I still like to read, but I don't relish being still or sedentary anymore. Maybe it's because my fitbit is constantly reminding me to get up and move, but I've definitely internalized the goal of moving as much as possible. I didn't do that today, but only because duty called and my kids kept me busy all day and pretty much until 10 oclock. My youngest was working on a mythology project and these things have a way of taking much longer than the child thinks it will take.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    This was a perfect day in Chicago metro. Spoke on a panel about Medicare. I'm the old attorney for senior citizens. It all fits. Exercise today was non-strength and all cardio. Fast walking at 4 mph for 40 minutes. Plus 30 minutes of hauling buckets of water for some new plantings in the yard.
    Calories: excellent and below limit
    Tracking: ok and you all inspired me to drink lots of water, with the expected consequences.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    And so it begins! Pass day #1 :) I did say I would end up being here in a more supportive roll this month! I didn't get exercise today except running around packing to get on the road earlier than planned! We were supposed to fly in to Orlando on what will be the day Matthew hits. So plan b is a road trip to Atlanta to see if the place isn't descimated Saturday! Relative to what people in Haiti are going through I'm not going to complain about my First World problems though. If we make it great if not it'll be fun to explore Atlanta
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes over 2 hours of walking
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Lazy day, so I just walked and stretched a bit. Also busy work day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, but not by much!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    You've got this @phoebelayla, I too look forward to one day figuring out maintenance. We've got your back!

I call that a win @ncfitbit!

Travel well @Intrinsicat! I'm in Miami, so we've had to prepare. Be safe everyone who is preparing for Matthew.