10/06 Thurdsay SLBC

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
4dw66uo5576b.jpg

Today's Challenge: Stress is an inevitable part of our lives and it also has terrible health consequences. Sometimes a short walking break is all that's needed to bring our stress levels way down. So today, when you feel stressed, take a quick 5 or 10 minute break and go for a quick walk. If you can walk outside, even better! And if you are a stress eater, cultivating the habit of walking (or any activity) when you are stressed instead of eating is a great way to shed more pounds.

Alternative Challenge: Make a bingo sheet filled with physical activities and try to finish as many as you can.

Replies

• thinisinforlynn2
    thinisinforlynn2 Posts: 6 Member
    Great idea!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    This is so true regarding stress. And since I have started setting an alarm hourly to get up and walk, I feel so much less stressed, even on days like today which are stupid crazy at work!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    With each stand reminder I get today I'll take 250 steps.
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    good idea
  • b07278
    b07278 Posts: 2 Member
    Great...heading to cider mill and will walk around apple orchard. Take home prize...fresh picked apples.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Great idea! Stress has been one of my biggest enemies my whole life. For whatever reason, I can not deal well with stress...and it is not good for my health. I'm going to focus hard on this goal.
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    awesome ideah!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Great ideas! I am going to take several walks today! I will set my alarm every hour today!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Great idea!
  • MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    I work on my pc all day, so I also have set the alarm every hour to remember to drink my water, now i will add a short 10 min stress relieving stroll!
  • fanncy0626
    My insomnia has been at a record daily event! I feel so lethargic during the day that it is even hard for me to get my workout done. So, I decided to join this group and see if that would help. Today's challenge was to get up and take a walk periodically during the day. I normally do walk 5 miles at one time but then I usually just sit around because I am so exhausted from not sleeping. So instead I set my alarm for 6-1 hour time periods 12 o'clock, 1 o'clock,… I then get ready for my walk take Shep (my dog) out of course and set my timer for 10 minutes. I walked at a brisk pace and when the timer went off I turned around and came home.
  • Schpau51
    Schpau51 Posts: 110 Member
    I like this. Every morning at my work, we close the office for 20 minutes so that we can all go for a brisk walk together. We just started it this week, and I simply love it. It enables you to release the stress, helps to clear your mind and it is physically rewarding.
  • fanncy0626
    Wow! That challenge was exhausting! After the 5 walks I totaled 7.29 miles.

3s2ajkqfmp2p.jpeg
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,719 Member
    So true about walking off the stress. Like the athletes say, "Walk it off." :smile:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    I made my Exercise Bingo Sheet ... want to share it with you here. Will let you know at the end of the month how I did on it.1ui994iacsw4.png
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I made my Exercise Bingo Sheet ... want to share it with you here. Will let you know at the end of the month how I did on it.

This is terrific @Nikion901! Let us know how it goes for you!