Does stronglifts work?

Options
Supadoopafly
Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
I don't feel as if I get anything from it so stopped.

Is it worth trying again and persevering? What results can I expect?

Any tips please?

Thank you xx

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Did you get stronger? Were you able to add weight each session/week?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    depends how you define "work". it made me stronger and did a bunch of other indirect things for me.

but it didn't make me thinner because i ate in a manner designed to let it do those other things :tongue.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    How long did you do it for? What are your calories like?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Same questions and general idea as what already has been posted. Depends on what you mean by "work". It's not a weight loss program in particular, that depends on your nutrition and goals. The main idea behind SL is to gain strength.

I started with very little experience in most of the lists and hadn't done any barbell work in many years. So, yeah, it work for me in that I went from lifting 45 lbs on most of the lifts to much higher. I don't have it on hand but know my bench was at least over 75 and squats and deadlifts were much more within 12 weeks of following the program.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works! I got stronger and fell in love with lifting ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Yes, it works! I got stronger and fell in love with lifting ;)

Same!
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't feel stronger, but then may be it's because I didn't give it a proper chance. I'm a naturally strong person as I've always been used to carrying heavy things for all my life.