Why are you HCLF Vegan?

Options
Hello. I was a pescatarian who ate eggs and dairy for about two years from an eat everything diet. I wanted to go vegan for ethical reasons but hadn't made the switch fully. I got blood work done and I was pushing pre-diabetes because I was eating pizza all of the time and from eating poorly and still having animal products in my system. I read Dr. Neal Banard's book on preventing diabetes. His theory is a high carb low fat vegan diet. I thought this was the only way to go, since I wanted to be vegan, this was my push. I have lost 26 pounds since mid-June when I started HCLF diet. I feel great and my eating is in line with my beliefs. I have never felt so in tune with everything.

Replies

• rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I mainly began as a way to solve some of my health problems, among other reasons. I followed lots of Dr. McDougall's advice and read his success stories from women suffering from things similar to me, including hormonal imbalance/pain, adult, cystic acne and rash-like breakouts that never responded to anything other than birth control pills, fatigue, depression, and the like. It helped me! I always had stomach problems from dairy, etc., anyway, and the fact that this way of eating made me feel more conscious of animal treatment didn't hurt. Plus, eating HCLF gets me FULL while allowing me to lose weight like nothing I have tried before (exactly the OPPOSITE of the focus on "healthy" fats, high-protein, etc., that I had tried in the past because so many people suggested it). Now I would say I have more reasons than ever to eat plant-based, and especially HCLF.
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To improve health and lose weight 🙂