10/11 Tuesday Day 11 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member

qob6yn43xxyy.jpg

Today's Challenge: If you have a Fitbit activity tracker, chances are you have the ability to track your hourly activity, with a goal of getting at least 250 steps per hour. If your Fitbit has this feature, are you using it? (Sadly, it's not available on the Fitbit One model). If not, today's a great day to start taking advantage of this handy tracking option. Getting up and moving about for a couple of minutes each hour is a great habit to develop.

Even if you don't have a Fitbit or another activity tracker that will remind you to move, you can still participate in today's challenge. Just set a reminder alarm to take a walking break every hour. Let's all get in the habit of taking regular breaks from sitting!

Alternative Challenge:
Invite a friend or work colleague to go for a walk/run/or bike ride with you today. Or if you're at work, maybe make it a walking meeting?

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Fitbit, so I will make sure that I get up from my desk every hour.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    Options
    I love being able to track my hourly steps with my Fitbit. <3 I'll work to hit that goal today.
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've got an iWatch with hourly stand reminders! I'll commit to getting up every time it says it's time today!
  • plemm927
    plemm927 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Blaze and it reminds me. It's probably the best feature on this fitbit. I love it!
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's why I love my FitBit. I actually make myself stop when I'm driving and it goes off. Walk for a bit and get back in the car.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Fitbit has been a lifesaver for me. I move more now that ever!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I'm glad so many of you are taking advantage of the hourly activity tracker. I have found it very helpful too!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fit bit but my kids don't let me sit down for more than a 5 min shot anyway so I was up and moving today ;)
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have my Fitbit hourly activity set for 12 hours...and got all 12 today, as well as, 14,546 steps. I <3 my Fitbit.
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Had a busy day today and managed 7 of 9 hours with 250+ steps....got in 10,689 altogether. It's a good feeling when I hit 10k.