10/15 Saturday Day 15 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
l10j2koxs56u.jpg

Today's Challenge: Enjoy your Saturday but please make it an active one. How about a walk outside today?

Supplemental Weekend Reading:

Two suggested readings about habits
:

How I Finally Quit Making Excuses and Got Healthy Habits to Stick
http://greatist.com/live/healthy-habits-tips-that-finally-made-habits-stick

8 Steps To Developing Fool-Proof Healthy Habits
http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2016/03/health-wellness/8-steps-to-developing-fool-proof-healthy-habits_55119

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Going to a festival close to my house. I will walk there and back.
  • ElishaCA
    ElishaCA Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll walk to work and back (a mile each way). I should be doing this everyday, anyhow. But, in my defense, I live in Minnesota and it's cold out, already!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a great walk in the sunshine today!!! Happy Saturday everyone!!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Will do!
  • cwpad
    cwpad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just did a hike with our Weims this morning. Weather is gorgeous and plan to stay out all day running errands and not sitting for any length of time.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm going to continue yesterday's challenge, as well as, do more hurricane cleanup in my yard. My team at work has had a Fitbit step challenge going for the past two weeks. Me (52-year-old overweight woman with an old ankle injury) and a 71-year-old guy have been duking it out for the top spot. I've been ahead for the past week, and it is killing him to be behind me. Yesterday, we went crazy, coming up with all sorts of ideas to get in extra steps...like walking around in the restroom while drying my hands instead of standing...I ended up yesterday with 17,382 steps. I think he is trying to pass me today...we've been battling all day. Currently, I am less than 200 steps ahead of him...I'd best get walking...Oh, and the three 20-somethings are not even trying, nor is the super-fit 40-something man...my competitor's 70-year-old wife is a distant third in this contest!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Those are some great articles!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm going to continue yesterday's challenge, as well as, do more hurricane cleanup in my yard. My team at work has had a Fitbit step challenge going for the past two weeks. Me (52-year-old overweight woman with an old ankle injury) and a 71-year-old guy have been duking it out for the top spot. I've been ahead for the past week, and it is killing him to be behind me. Yesterday, we went crazy, coming up with all sorts of ideas to get in extra steps...like walking around in the restroom while drying my hands instead of standing...I ended up yesterday with 17,382 steps. I think he is trying to pass me today...we've been battling all day. Currently, I am less than 200 steps ahead of him...I'd best get walking...Oh, and the three 20-somethings are not even trying, nor is the super-fit 40-something man...my competitor's 70-year-old wife is a distant third in this contest!!

Speaking of contests, there is a Fitbit sponsored "Step It Up" challenge going on right now in cooperation with the US Surgeon General. And we even have our own Sit Less Boot Camp team! Please join us, @HappyAnna2014 and everyone else who has a Fitbit!

You can join our team through this link:

https://www.stepitupusa.org/?tId=09a1cfd3-6c3c-4297-bfb1-b2324c6f4ca4&tTok=84f3c5cfb976d9bca805e5e8730e48a46a42dfd2e20234614da2e78775017ab9

Here's how we are currently doing (Not that I'm competitive...noooo...not me!)

cprr5jwdlyqo.png

j4hdyu6ucuxb.png
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Today was a stay home day, but I do exercise routines from YouTube. This AM I added a short yoga one which is new for me. In addition I did 1 mile walking video plus a total body strength training.
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Walked 1 & 1/2 miles this morning. It was a beautiful sunny fall day! Also finally got to 10,000 steps on my Fitbit since I got it a month ago. Definitely was not a lot of sitting going on in my world today.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, Denise!!! I am very competitive and do better with a challenge!! I've synced my Fitbit...I got 17, 260 steps today...I'll try to do even better tomorrow. :smiley: