10/19 Wednesday Day 19 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
mtvz2isen49r.jpg

Today's Challenge: Most of us have more flexibility on the weekends and it's often easier to be more active then. So let's start thinking about the weekend now (isn't that what Wednesday is for?) and pick some “moving” activities that we'd like to do. What going on in your neighborhood or city this weekend that you might like to do? What outdoor activities sound fun or perhaps just need to get done? Start planning for the weekend now!

Alternative Challenge: Go out for at least a 30 minute walk today!

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Been on the treadmill for 77 minutes so far . . . I'll try to make it outside this evening.

The Las Olas Art Fair is this weekend - sounds like a winner!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've done my walk today into work. I walk back to the bus tonight! As for the weekend, we are going to a pumpkin festival. So, I should get some walking in there. They put all of these jack-o-lanterns in the downtown area (sidewalks, steps to buildings, etc.), and you walk around the streets looking at all of them. It should be a fun time!
  • Hannah03253
    Hannah03253 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went for a 30 min walk and got to enjoy the pretty fall leaves during lunch! :)
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I will definitely start thinking about the weekend. My husband works days this weekend and I am often not very active when he is not here -- he is my motivator!! I will make a plan and STICK TO IT!!! The 30 minute walk will be no problem. Thanks to the challenge I have been getting in my 10,000 steps and 12 stands every day. The challenge is keeping me motivated and I have a reminder to check in EVERY MORNING!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Have the Fitness Blender Flexibility Challenge scheduled for Saturday-Monday! Plus a few cardio exercises on Saturday and Sunday. Also, hopefully will be headed into the city to drop off paperwork for my grad school applications! Woop woop, big weekend!
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today so got in my 30 mins. Going door 2 door encouraging people to mail in their ballots before 11/8 this weekend. Hope to get in 4+ miles on Saturday, then out to Halloween Town on Sunday. Should be a lot of walking this weekend, hope the weather cooperates.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    While my daughter is doing her volunteering, I will walk downtown. 2 hours.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Went to a Medicare Advantage open house today ... lots of standing around, even more sitting around, and plenty of walking around, but not 30 minutes worth. When I left there I went to do some shopping, to get in the walking, and had to stop early because had problems with my legs going numb so I hobbled out of there and drove home. Been sitting down with 30 minute -get up and walk sessions- and looking forward to seeing the last of this year's Presidential Debate tonight.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Lots of activity from you all today! Great job! This weekend, I'm going to go for a walk in town and maybe get some apple cider. The fall foliage is at a peak now. Just lovely!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Today I did a 30 minute cardio routine from YouTube.
    Was thinking that on the weekend I will go walking down by the bay - I'm sure the fall colours will be wonderful.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    Options
    On work days I can get 30 minutes at one time for a walk, but the short walks add up - 63 active minutes today.