What number of steps work for you?

Options
antoniahd
antoniahd Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
kkbp7n9lyvaq.jpg
I work mostly at my desk and I drive to work so getting even 5000 steps in is a challenge. I've seen recommendations to get in 10,000 steps. This article clarified things a little. https://blog.fitbit.com/should-you-really-take-10000-steps-a-day/

Replies

• Lssuhick
    Lssuhick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this is my favorite line of this document, "One pound of body fat equals 3500 calories, so depending on your weight and workout intensity, you could lose about one pound per week simply by completing 10,000 steps each day." I think that in most cases this is a manageable number with minimal effort, but like you pointed out ... we sit behind a desk so much it hinders this, but we can find a way if we put our best foot forward. lol!
  • CRsparkle1
    CRsparkle1 Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Depends on my day,I walk to my printer down the hall for my print jobs, so sneak in a few steps there, not nearly 10,0000 though. I'll get in more steps walking to the train for work and back home. I'm going to get something to track my steps, this would be good to monitor.
  • bgottesmuicedu2016
    Options
    For those that do not wear a fit bit style watch, your steps are monitored on your iphones, if you have one. I imagine android phones have a similar app.