10/22 Saturday Day 22 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
Today's Challenge: Enjoy your Saturday but please make it an active one. Gardening and yard tending, walking with a friend, checking out a local farmer's market or a bike ride are a few of the many possibilities!

Supplemental Weekend Reading:

7 Surprising Benefits of Exercise
http://time.com/4474874/exercise-fitness-workouts/

Replies

• LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Cleaning house is another! It's my project for the day!!
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Great article. I'm with Karen, chores will be my exercise today. Had to cancel my workout b/c of asthma. So tempting to use the excuse to do nothing all day but I will try to keep moving even if it it slowly.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,873 Member
    Options
    Today will be active. I plan a trip to the farmers' market (this time of year there is SO much lovely produce!), a workout at Curves, and some chores. I already started the day with a bit of yard work - picking up the dropped fruit from our guava tree.

Great article! Here's to a healthier brain, a happier mood, slower aging, better skin, faster recovery, and smaller fat cells.
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great article!
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just reading my emails now 9:30PM...had a busy day, a lot of walking going door to door reminding people to vote. Then a walk to the store to pick up things for dinner. 6.2 miles, I'll sleep well tonight.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Took my daughter downtown to do some volunteer work and parked my car and walked. Could not believe it when my Fitbit was vibrating. I had walked 10,000 steps. So happy!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Another excellent article. Love the articles scattered throughout these daily challenges.