Hello! hello? ..... hello?

Options
Anyone still there? Nah? Oh well! Here goes anyway!

I'm Vanessa or call me Faith.

I had my beautiful daughter November 2015. I had always been a chubster, save for that one magical year from 20-21 where I was a size 0. Of course it was so unhealthy the way I did it but I digress.

During pregnancy, I went from a healthily plump 150lbs at 5'3" to at Least 175lbs.

Now, almost a year later I'm back down to around 150-155lbs!

I've been weighing my food and dabbling in intermittent fasting, which I found helps my cravings since I basically gorge myself at lunch and dinner, and still manage to stay under 1300 calories.

I'm starting a HIIT routine at home since we're too broke at the moment to afford a gym membership. I was hoping to find some workout buddies on here so we can help motivate each other!

Hope this works lol

So let's introduce ourselves, shall we?

Replies

• luckydvl
    luckydvl Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hello! I am logging into MFP from my computer for a change and I can actually see groups lol. I can't figure out how to access them on mobile (android).

WTG on your success!! I did some IF over the past couple of years and it's a very powerful tool for the weight loss arsenal :smiley:

I'm 3 months PP following the birth of my little boy, my first. I started off my pregnancy at an unhealthy weight (BMI of about 32). I am a confirmed yo-yo dieter but luckily never really got over my personal high weight of 81.5 kg. Early last year I lost about 6 kg when we started TTC and I got pregnant right away, but had a miscarriage early in the 1st tri. It took a long time for me to get pregnant again and I was sad-eating with every passing month and got myself back up to my high weight. We got pregnant again about a year ago and I started the pregnancy around 80 kg. Then my baby started measuring really big throughout my pregnancy even though I wasn't gaining much. The midwives were convinced I had GDM and made me do the 3 hr glucose twice. Boo. So I only gained 12 kg in the pregnancy because they were watching me so closely (ultimately I didn't have GDM and wasn't even borderline).

I've been lucky and the baby weight melted off fast - he was 3.7 kg and I stepped on the scale for the first time at 6 weeks pp to see I was at 79.8. I credit breastfeeding and massive oversupply for this, lol.

Fitness-wise, I've just been trying to go for a good walk every day. My baby is a huge grump and I need to get out of the house with him when he's being super fussy. We don't have a car and there's plenty of hills here, so wearing the baby and taking the dog for an hour is a pretty good effort while making me not hate my life. I can't afford a gym membership either so you're in good company :smiley:

I am trying to stick to 1800 kcal due to the breastfeeding and so far it seems to be working. I am coming up on 14 weeks pp now and down 6 kg from my pre-pregnancy weight; 18 kg overall. I have never lost weight this fast in my life. I am eating a generally balanced diet with plenty of treats and yummy things too, just being mindful of CICO. I've also recently discovered the book "The Diet Fix" by Yoni Freedhoff and it has really resonated with me, so I'm fully intending to implement this as a true lifestyle change.

Thanks for starting the thread :)
  • kittynn
    kittynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of twins who lost ten pounds during pregnancy. Some how packed it back on within three months of breastfeeding two babies... So here I am
  • FaithxinChaos
    FaithxinChaos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for joining guys!