What's Your Weight Loss Plan?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Low carb? Atkins? Weight Watchers? Counting Calories? What is your plan? I am all about the calories and staying low carb. I don't believe in cutting any food group out completely but everything in moderation. Tell us what your plan is and what are your struggles
1kz3lsmj4uru.jpg

Replies

• realsammysalamander
    Options
    My 3 focus areas are:
    Exercise - it keeps me mostly away from emotional eating, gives me a few extra calories and generally makes me feel good
    Calories - Thermodynamics is not a lie, it isn't as simple as some people make it seem but in the end I need to burn more than I eat to lose
    Prioritize protein and fibre: this keeps me full longer and generally lets me eat the volume of food that I like
  • OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to
    * eat more vegetables and protein
    * avoid white sugar/flour
    * 30 minutes of walking/running or 3 miles or 30 minutes of HIIT (6 days/week)
    * And stay under on calories. :smile:
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting. I only eat one large meal a day. Generally dinner. It's really helped me realize the difference between being truly hungry and just bored.
    I haven't really been exercising so I'm just going to try to stay under my calories

I would also like to start at least doing body weight exercises.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my plan is as of yet. Life is going downhill, so I'm just taking it day by day. I'm going to try to get back into counting calories. I have a hard time with not snacking so often.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I enjoy seeing what everyone is doing, just remember what works for someone might not work for you. Our bodies all work differently. I have to exercise to drop the weight while others can just cut calories. I think we will start a thread for recipes, filling snacks and meals that will keep you on track. Only 8 days until we begin. Get ready folks!
  • gyst
    gyst Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm counting calories and being mindful of macros. I also don't believe in cutting out entire food groups. In general, I'm aiming for more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and sugars. I've been working out a lot lately, too. I just finished Jillian Michaels beginner 30-day shred and started her regular 30DS today. I aim to do that and some stationary biking 5x a week. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • freeflowers
    freeflowers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi!!! imcounting calories and considering picking up running routine... i need to resolve my ambivalence!!! i overeat at night and im looking for inspo and support!!
  • micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am counting calories and increasing my protein. For now, I am doing a bootcamp at least 3-4 times per week and starting a c25k as well.
  • micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have an open diary for friends if anyone wants to be friends on here. It is really helpful to see how others manage their calories and it gives me ideas so I am not always eating the same thing.
  • hokaythen
    hokaythen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm counting calories and trying to eat healthy low processed carbs (staying away from bread but keeping up with fruits). Trying to walk for at least 30 minutes (but hopefully closer to 60) every day as well.
  • 11thChakra
    11thChakra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As always, calories not as important to me as eating intuitively. I log primarily to notice what I'm eating.

• sportsmom3324
    sportsmom3324 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Piyo 6 days a week. Eating low carb, clean and keeping calories between 1100 and 1200.
  • kaylabean92
    kaylabean92 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm eating keto with a cheat day every now and then and doing light exercise. I've already dropped 6 lbs in a week and a half, and I'm already considered to have a healthy BMI, so the weight normally doesn't come off as easily.
  • KarenSmith196511
    KarenSmith196511 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back to the gym on a regular basis. Trying to eat healthy while reducing beer, wine and potato chips.
  • 2048Bit
    2048Bit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This group is rather timely. In fact, I hope no one minds that I'm starting a little "early". Starting tomorrow my goal is to lose 25 pounds on 45 days. My plan is rather strict, but it will have to be if i want to pull it off.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to be consuming between 800-1000 calories per day, no less than 64 oz of water and hitting the gym two times per day. The first time will be HIIT training for just over an hour, and then at night I'll head back to get some abs, arms, and other toning in.
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs calories out
    I don't cut out any food groups
    Try and exercise at least 30 minutes a day
  • gbtx79
    gbtx79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been on a plateau for almost a year by winging it( exercising using an online program and eating what I wanted, really bad on weekends ), so I finally joined a small group of ladies who meet twice a week, and am now seeing results. That has motivated me to now focus on my nutrition, so I'm using MFP and the community aspect- being accountable is a great motivation to get on track. I feel like 10 lbs, with emphasis on trimming my waistline, is now attainable!
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Staying at or slightly below my calorie limit, walking and bodyweight exercises 6 days a week.

so yes i'm in.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and new to trying to lose weight, so I'm keeping it simple.
    • Stay within my calorie goals, and watch my macros - even after a few days I saw I need to add protein most days
    • Walk at least 20 minutes 5 days/week
    • Drink enough water
  • jenkofb
    jenkofb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat clean under 1400 cals a day. Weight train 2-3 days week depending on how much my body can handle it (I have rheumatoid arthritis). Walking or swim 2-3 days a week. Mainly it's diet, though. You can't out train a bad diet!