10/24 Monday Day 24 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
s8lbc2qt0h0k.jpg

Today's Challenge: Because most of us spend a lot of time sitting at work, we are going to have a second daily challenge focused on reducing our work time sitting. For today's challenge, look for ways you can reduce your work time sitting. Maybe walk over and talk with a co-worker rather than sending them an email? Have a walking meeting? Use a restroom on a different floor or further away than the restroom you normally use? Take the stairs and not the elevator? There are lots of possibilities! What ways can you sit less at work?

Alternative Challenge:
You probably send and receive a lot of texts throughout the day. So for each text you get or send today, get up and walk for 30 seconds!

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this one!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing the first one, and we are not allowed to have our cell phones in our building at work, so the second one is a moot point. Besides, I really don't text often. Maybe a couple of times per week.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I don't text - dinosaurs don't, you know ;) ; but I'll work at walking at work. It'll be tricky in class today because my students are having debates. However, I'll get lots of activity rearranging the classroom and hauling the podiums out of storage.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm totally up for this one. I'm going to try to get at least 250 steps per hour at work. Movement = health improvement!!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Today will be a challenge since I will be driving to Ohio. It is about a 5 hour drive. I do have my dog with me so I will have to stop along the way and get him out for a little exercise so hopefully that will help. Otherwise I think it will be a very low step count and very low stand count for today
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I work at home so I will take a mid day office break and go to the gym across the street. Or, a walk through the neighborhood if it's not raining.
  • tmrios69
    tmrios69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like these ideas but I need motivation
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    This is pretty good! Thanks!