Week 30 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday October 24th through Sunday October 30th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Hello ladies, I am falling into a sort of depression and haven't been on much.....I am gaining a pound a day since I broke my ankle :( I am so *kitten* pissed right now..all my hard work is slowly getting washed away because I cant do *kitten* .....and I am bored and depressed so all I want to do is eat......ugh I hope you ladies are doing better than I am !

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry @heatherc369! Those bouts of depression can really kill a diet/exercise plan quick. Are you truly eating 3500 calories over your body's needed calories? That doesn't seem likely. It's probably from water, stress, etc. Although too much stress can cause your body to release cortisol which is a weight monster. Are you taking care of yourself in other ways? Sometimes pampering yourself with things like a scented bath, candles burning, a good book, etc. can really relax your mind and bring some peace. I'm so sorry your ankle is derailing you! You might just have to be mindful and conscious of what you're eating and with tough love say no. Easier said than done! If I could do that I'd be a supermodel (see below!).

My day started off on the wrong foot. Cheetos for breakfast?! Hey, but I did weigh them and only ate 1 oz. lol I wanted to make a better choice, I really did. I just went shopping yesterday, and still I couldn't find anything that looked good. I just sat there staring at the open fridge for a while. On the bright side...I poured Sprite Zero instead of regular soda. One win!

@heatherc369, I hope things brighten up for you.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @heatherc369 I am almost certain that is not true gain. It's most likely water and could very well be part of the healing process. That said I feel you about the fear of losing what you've worked for all this time. Is there something that you can do with your hands that will keep you busy and not eating out of boredom?? When I quit smoking I picked up some of those adult coloring books, maybe crochet, drawing, playing an instrument, making friendship bracelets.. anything you enjoy that keeps you interested for periods of time is a win. Also remember that you know how to lose weight.. you aren't losing all that you've learned and all your gains on your mental game. Try to keep up with whatever exercise you can.. dumbells for arms, abs, pushups.. etc.. all of these can be cardio too if you do them in HIIT style. At least try to love yourself and let your body heal.. maybe you should hide your scale for a few weeks and just change your focus to eating in your cal goals, one day at a time. Hang in there!
    @AZLisaLou glad to hear you're happy with your decision about the job. Keep making healthy choices.. sometimes it's just one day at a time. Sometimes I will put in my food ahead of time, log it, then eat what I planned regardless of what "looks good" It helps me start to think of food as my body's fuel rather than merely an emotional decision about what I want to taste at the moment. I know you'll keep working at it :)
    @NadiaMayl :)

I had a great weekend.. at 140 days smoke free today and am holding my own on weight. I didn't gain last week and although I didn't lose I'm happy with how I did at the gym. I'm going to the gym tonight because I increased my gym days for the next week challenge to 3 x week. I had a party at my house Saturday night but had saved myself 1000 calories for snacks. I think I did well.. definitely focused on veggies and meats for snacking, but I didn't log all that. I've recently discovered the zero calorie carbonated flavored waters! They are delicious and I feel like I've had a soda where I have actually enjoyed the taste rather than feeling deprived with "diet" coke Blah. I'm upset with my ex.. he won't trade me two days so I can take my daughter with me on a trip to see family before Christmas. He's just doing it to be a jerk so it's pretty hard to not get angry. But.. I just have to trust that I'll end up where I'm supposed to be and that it will work out how it should. Going to take some of that anger to the gym tonight and imagine his face being smashed by the bar at the top of my bench press..lol. Glad I don't have to eat about it today. I deserve to treat myself well even when life throws me for a loop. Sending big hugs to you all! I'll post my exercise either tonight or tomorrow am. XOXOX!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hugs hugs hugs and more hugs @heatherc369 , sweet girl, the body reacts in funky ways to healing! What our other two awesome ladies mentioned is probably totally on point! I feel your frustration, though, it sucks to be forced to just sit there! But you WILL get through this one! I only wish there was an easy 'here you go' fix to how you are feeling... I can only say, this is a test, one in which you show yourself some love even though you're mad! When we learn new eating habits and new lifestyles we get all those lovely endorphins kicking in, but do we really face those self-esteem monsters lurking, the ones which got us to overeat? Maybe this one is your sign that you get to focus on giving yourself kindness and love!
    @AZLisaLou good for you for stopping a job that you felt was just going to do more damage than good! Takes guts to make a decision like that!! Now, try to avoid Cheetos, at least until after 11:00am, Hehehehe
    @Kerryatoon sucks that the ex is not being flexible, I wish all couples who split up could be grown up and put the kid's benefit first and their hissy fits last! What a great attitude you have to handling it, though! But yes, a few imaginary punches at the gym won't hurt. Hehe
    We were busy with soccer, I am so not a sports mom, I really love lazy weekends where I don't have to rush around, pack snacks, sit at games... All of our kid #1 games are also in the smack middle of the day, which sucks if we want to plan any festival visits or any other fun stuff... I know I know, I shouldn't complain! :) still eating well, drinking water. Have played soccer, kickball and even baseball yesterday (I couldn't hit a single ball with that wooden stick, hahaha)... So not so much exercise on my behalf, but at least it's keeping me from gaining weight and gets us to spend some fun family time.
    Confession, the season is just about to get busier, and I'm dreading it! I normally love Halloween and Christmas decorating, but this time I'm just wishing we could go somewhere so we wouldn't have al,the hoopla! I feel like I'm morphing into Scrooge! Hahaha
  • heatherc369
    Options
    thank you for all of your kind words ladies <3

I do think water retention is a big part of it, because ... I know its bad but I went from drinking 5-6 16.9 oz bottles of water a day to barely drinking 2 due to the fact I am never really thirsty so I have always forced myself to drink water ...and I do not want to be going pee 2 times an hour because its a lot of work! lol I try to just sleep/rest when I am home and I am not really giving in to all of the hunger still trying to eat below maintenance since I know I am not moving much...went from 10k + steps a day to now 2-3k hops a day lol

@AZLisaLou Baby steps darlin! Small changes end up making big ones in the long run :)

@Kerryatoon SO proud of you on the no smoking girl! Congrats! And I hate when children are used as pawns......is a give and a take and if he ever expects you to work with him on these things he needs to do the same.....we go through the same stuff with baby momma over here and my step son....I hate people like that!

@NadiaMayl Don't be a scrooge!!! lol Seriously though I can relate.....Halloween is my favorite Holiday and now I cannot decorate or go out trick or treating for too long because these crutches are *kitten* lol SO i kind of just want to skip it this year lol
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Was in a kind of bad accident last night. It was my fault. I turned left right into someone. Totaled my car. Neither Matthew nor I even saw the car coming, which leads me to wonder if the black car even had their lights on. Matthew's knee is bruised and swollen really badly. He went to the urgent care and had it x-rayed...nothing is broken thankfully! I hurt my left hand pretty badly, but my fingers still work. The right one hurts too. And I'm sore and achy all over and I think the seat belt gave me some deep tissue bruising. Good thing we were wearing our seat belts! My window broke out and my glasses ended up in the street. Fortunately, my daughter's boyfriend is a massage therapist, so I've got that covered once the tissue swelling goes down. I'll try to stay on track with my calories today the best I can.
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Goodness @AZLisaLou glad it wasn't any worse, I'm so sorry you've been through this! You will be sore for at least 10 days, expect a bit more... It's amazing how the body tenses up and responds to even the most minor fender bender. I hope you recover quickly!
    @heatherc369 , did you update the daily activity amount on MFP to calculate for sedentary and maintenance? Just wondering how that works! Any time you need to, just send a shout here or on FB, we got you!
    My day was unimpressive! Ha. Anniversary but so busy hubby and I haven't been able to find the time to celebrate. So I just bought a couple of pastries (tiramisu is his fave) from the grocery store and we toasted after the kids went to bed! It's all good, we are in that stage of busy family life and we are ok with it, non-complacent though, but at peace with all the life craziness and dealing with it together!
    Played some soccer with each kid while the other was at practice! Regular stuff.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @AZLisaLou oh no! Like @NadiaMayI said...thank goodness it wasn't any worse....car accidents are the worsed! You hurt all over ugh...hopefully you heal quickly <3

@NadiaMayI no I haven't lol I am just winging it ATM.....I only get on to log food and check in here then I am done lol
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Bbbaaaahhhhh.... too many sweets today!!!! Day of the dead bread for breakfast, small slice of tiramisu leftover from anniversary for snack, two chocolate chip cookies for lunch.... I've been very naughty today!!!!! I better go play soccer with one of the kids, or I'll carry the guilt for the next 6 awake hours!!! Hahaha
    How's everyone doing?! How are my 'ouchy' ladies hanging on?
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Good, busy day! No doubt I do best when I don't have time to ruminate and graze and eat everything I bump into... Hahaha. Finishing touches for Halloween parties! Tonight was for my boys, each got to invite two friends... Let me tell you, 6 boys, ages 10-11, is A LOT! But they are sweet kids, so no drama. Decorated the house more, had a slimy spaghetti, blind guessing games in order to be able to pass through the doors! That got the good, haha. Then they played some yugioh card game. Hot tub outside, Halloween piñata, movie, pizza, snacks, and a last game of role playing (my kids and friends are really into imagination games)!
    Now I'm pooped, but didn't eat any Halloween junk, I DI have one slice of pizza (thin crust)! Over exceeded my steps by 23%, so, all good!
    Tomorrow, party #2! Families! Same logic, but with adults! Hehehe
    Hope everyone's ok! I'm sending healing vibes to my girls!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Happy Halloween my witchy friends!!!! Stay away from all that candy!!!!
    zezr8f39yx6a.jpg