What's Your Weight Loss Plan?

Options

Replies

• jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use a macro based diet. and 30-45 minutes of exercise per day (6 days one rest day)when I stick to it I do really well, but the last six months I've been struggling with the workouts. My daughter is a bodybuilder, and have learned macros from her (she is a master of it ) I just need to refocus!!!
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with a whole foods based diet and light daily exercise. I don't eat meat, eggs or dairy, so during this challenge I am also going to try and increase my protein intake as I have been lazy with it lately, which doesn't help in the long term. I aim to eat between 1200-1500 calories, and though I count calories for peace of mind, its not the end of the world if I go over.

I run daily for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 60 minutes, using a 10k training app. I also mean to do daily callisthenics but I haven't been consistent with it - so thats another thing to get on top of during the challenge! Seeing as I have a total of 40kg (90lbs) to lose, I want to maintain the muscle I already have underneath, so when my body is smaller it will still have muscles :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    jenkofb wrote: »
    My plan is to eat clean under 1400 cals a day. Weight train 2-3 days week depending on how much my body can handle it (I have rheumatoid arthritis). Walking or swim 2-3 days a week. Mainly it's diet, though. You can't out train a bad diet!

I like your plan - so straight forward and really simple. I have rheumatoid arthritis too!! The best thing I ever did was cut out added sugar. I have very little pain and do not have to take meds... yeah!!
  • sarahmchugh07
    sarahmchugh07 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My plan is to stay within my MFP calorie limits, drinking a gallon of water a day, and doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shed program. I am including a 100-200 calorie snack in the middle of the day as I was finding I wasn't staying full enough. The gallon of water idea came from a good friend who did a similar program and realized that he was more thirsty than hungry. The water kept him fuller for longer. I've been at it for 3 days and I'm noticing the same thing too. I believe in the K.I.S.S method (keep it simple stupid)- that way I'm more apt to follow :)
  • mariekathleen78
    mariekathleen78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm calorie counting and trying to keep low carb. If I'm having a carb trying to keep it while grain. Also keeping up with my kick boxing training and getting my steps in on the fit bit.
  • kathtnt
    kathtnt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plan is to stay the course with this challenge. Trying to get back to using my kitchen scale and finding another exercise that I can truly enjoy.
  • jenkofb
    jenkofb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    I like your plan - so straight forward and really simple. I have rheumatoid arthritis too!! The best thing I ever did was cut out added sugar. I have very little pain and do not have to take meds... yeah!!

That's awesome to hear you are stable without meds! I haven't been doing any sugar, except for occasional sauces (my weakness) like the BBQ I had tonight. :blush: I am also hoping the diet+exercise will help with symptoms! Good luck!

• moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight in almost a year, I count calories and am on a high protein low fat lifestyle. I need to break through.
  • debbiemuz
    debbiemuz Posts: 194 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just count calories. My goals:
    • Stay under my calorie goal.
    • Add more workouts during the week, especially weights to keep muscle during the weight loss.
    • Get in more fruits and vegetables (been slacking on that lately)
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I plan to continue counting calories and do better about staying under my goal. I also plan to pick up exercising again and try not to let my life throw me of my exercise schedule anymore. I will stick to eating out once a week or less. I will also try to avoid candy and other sweets and will opt for some type of yogurt when I have cravings.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I count calories and try to consume more protein than carbs... I would like to eat as clean as possible and limit my snacking. I want to also stay more consistent with my workouts.
  • enmonteith
    enmonteith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    I want to keep it as simple as possible, because it doesn't take much for me to get off track.
    I will stay within my calories, continue to walk on my break at work and take the stairs whenever possible. I will make time to exercise if only for 30 mins. I will also use my Nutribullet at least once a day during this challenge. I am pretty excited!! :0)
  • Kkvkkv
    Kkvkkv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating 3 meals a day with nothing in between
  • lisag1288
    lisag1288 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My main goal is to stick to my calorie goals or just under and avoid night eating . My stressful job used lead my to a few beers and snacking after midnight when I got home from work. Now I have been avoiding alcohol and enjoying herbal teas at night.
  • amanda_deanne
    amanda_deanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CICO. That's it. Just sticking within my goals. I'd be lying if I said any exercise I'm doing at this stage isn't solely so I can eat more calories.. It works for me though!
  • greeneyegrly
    greeneyegrly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    portion control
    decrease the beer and wine
    exercise regularly

more than likely the 21 day fix to get started.....i tend to be an emotional eater and i eat when i'm bored so keeping busy and doing more active things.
  • Collieluv
    Collieluv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My plan of attack is low carb. I swear I am a carboholic. I am trying to keep my carbs at 20 but was way off today. Tomorrow is another day. :p
  • sjmm4gina
    sjmm4gina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I plan to continue with LCHF, walk daily and drink plenty of water.