Gastric Sleeve Surgery not recommended

Options
I don't really recommend surgery as an option. I had it done last year and all the weight has come back plus some.

Replies

• beeders
    beeders Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just had the surgery earlier this month. Would you mind sharing your experience? Were there complications that caused the weight gain? or something else?
  • Minskygirl
    Minskygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to read more about both of your experiences. How you felt immediately after surgery, any difficulties, anything easier than you thought. .....
  • bobbic2
    bobbic2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 2 months into my supervised diet pre gastric sleeve surgery. Id also like to hear about your experiences.
  • bessie78
    bessie78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My surgery is scheduled for 12.12.16 I am also wondering why you say no. I have a sister who had it 4 years ago and has done amazing with no issues and has lost and kept is off.
  • Queenmae
    Queenmae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Could you please give some reasons why you had the weight gain. I have had several friends who have had the surgery over five years ago and still doing very well with only 0 to 10 lbs weight gain.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved in June 2015. I've lost 78 pounds. The first six months were the easiest, but I've steadily continued to lose, and am happy with that. I LOVE MY SLEEVE and would do it again in a heartbeat - it's been truly life-changing.
  • xoleslymichelle
    xoleslymichelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 months post op of my sleeve and I have no regrets yes it's hard but the results show and it's so worth it you have to keep to your diet and listen to your nut or you can stretch your stomach out again and that how you gain the weight back
  • mrrloser
    mrrloser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As someone who has a significant amount of weight to lose, I had the sleeve gastrectomy on 11/14/2016. It isn't an easy decision and it has changed my life completely, but I have lost 140 pounds since starting the journey in October of 2015. I do not take it lightly or regret my decision. I would be happy to answer any questions.
  • chocolatebutterbean
    chocolatebutterbean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have had gastric sleeve (18.07.17) so am really at the beginning of the journey but so far so good. Had to do the 2 week reducing diet prior to surgery and now almost 2 weeks post op I have a 33lb loss so far. I know this is no easy fix and that it is just a tool to help me manage my own behaviour for the rest of my life.

Surgery went really well and I was home after 2 nights, pain has been minimal and I feel great, just beginning to get back to mobility and despite feeling tired from the reduced liquid diet I feel great and very optimistic for the future.
    Happy to answer any questions
  • jesskid77
    jesskid77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started my process of the 6month prior to surgery. I have known ppl who have gained weight back because they did not choose to live a healthy lifestyle after surgery. Drinking are empty calories, eating high calorie foods are not good. Plus exercise is a HUGE factor, part of myself of wanting to lose weight is to run and play sports again.