What's Your Weight Loss Plan?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of my plan just yet, but as of now I have stopped drinking soda at home, only when I'm out to eat, and of course trying to stay under my calories. Lost 3 pounds last week from avoiding soda
  • CanderWilver
    CanderWilver Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My plan:
    -Log everything
    -Less convenience food and more homemade meals
    -Limit late night snacking
    -Drink more water
    -Workout (Fitness Blender or Millionaire Hoy videos) at least 3 times a week
  • csculley80
    csculley80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my plan is to log everything, stick to 1500 calories a day, eat 5 meals a day (2 snacks and 3 main) and continue to exercise 6 times a week. I find I am snacking too often at the moment
    so trying to cut back on this.
  • greeneyegrly
    greeneyegrly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have started the 21 day fix eating plan. this is day one! I started C25k yesterday and I plan to drink more water and watch my portion control
  • kulotsalot13
    kulotsalot13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My plan is to:
    • Stay at or under my daily calorie limit of 1290
    • Schedule a Nike Training Club workout 6 days a week. These can vary between mobility/stretching workouts and strength training. Doesn't really matter what it is as long as I do some type of workout (almost) everyday.
    • I don't log my workouts in MFP for "free" or bonus calories that I can eat back.
    • Be mindful of portions when eating out and ask for a takeaway box right away before diving into the food.
    • Since I am traveling, I'll be adding a 40-minute walk to my commute everyday. Again I won't log that, but good to get more movement in as usually I am so sedentary cos I work from home!

For those who are in an exercise rut, I highly recommend the Nike Training Club free app on your phone/tablet. It gives a variety of workouts from beginner to advanced level. It really makes me work out more because I don't have to think about it, I just press "play" on the phone!
  • rubrink
    rubrink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to actually count my calories and stick to them. Usually I do it for a couple days and quit.

I've been pretty good about exercise, will probably up my running a bit. I pretty much have to, I have a half marathon on Thanksgiving :-1::wink:
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've recently started a Keto diet, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Low Carbs. mainly because I've been in a plateau for a few months. plus I love the foods within the this diet.

So I have my first meal around midday, I wont eat after 8/8.30pm night before.
    Drink lots of water

exercise 4-6 times a week, consisting of playing football (soccer), HIIT sessions on a stationary bike and lift weights.

Track all food on MFP.

hoping to lose around 10lbs by new year.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get back into what worked for me before: eating healthier (a lot less bread and junk and more fruits and vegetables) and regular exercise.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Right now my plan is to do what I can do when I can do it because lately every time I exercise for a couple of days I get really sick for several days after.
  • Ylyvyuh
    Ylyvyuh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My plan is as follows:
    • Track calories and try and get as close to my daily requirement as possible
    • Work out 5-6 days a week (a mix of roller derby practice, weight lifting, cardio, and some yoga when I need it)
    • Try and hit my protein goal every day, since I generally lack there with the whole 'vegetarian' thing and the 'being too lazy to meal plan' thing
    • MEAL PLAN MEAL PLAN MEAL PLAN

I think that'll get me where I need to go :)
  • Only_Today
    Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Eating reasonably. 3 meals a day. 2 snacks. Tracking every day on MFP. Exercising at least 4 x per week (gym, and pool), drinking at least 60 oz of clear liquid and 20 oz of other liquid per day. Eating as clean as I can and staying away from refined sugar.
  • ael0407
    ael0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    *I will try to get out and walk every afternoon for at least 30 minutes if not longer.
    *I will try to eat smaller portions. I have decided I will not cut out anything because it makes it harder to stick to.
    * I will try to get all of my water in daily
  • sandrachis
    sandrachis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Log all of my food and be Honest about it!
    Exercise daily.
    I am a vegetarian but will continue to add water and go slow on dairy.
  • enmonteith
    enmonteith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    enmonteith wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I want to keep it as simple as possible, because it doesn't take much for me to get off track.
    I will stay within my calories, continue to walk on my break at work and take the stairs whenever possible. I will make time to exercise if only for 30 mins. I will also use my Nutribullet at least once a day during this challenge. I am pretty excited!! :0)

Update: i am adding insanity to the mix. :D:#
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My plan is to keep it as simple as possible, aka don't obsess! Keep it as close to how God provided, as possible, then all things in moderation. Less sugar, more veggies! Less liquor, more water! Stay as close to 1200 calories as possible and get in some exercise.
    We're going to be great my friends! :D
  • bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My plan is:
    • Counting Calories
    • Drinking mainly water, occasional cups of coffee and tea
    • Increasing protein intake
    • Exercising 6 days a week
    • 6,000 steps daily
    • 2 serves of fruit a day (this one is already proving tricky!)
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am on the nutrisystem plan for now, not sure how long I an afford to do it while still cooking and shopping for family. At least one more month. (this is month 2). Drink all my 64 oz water plus 1 for the challenge and walk for 30 min or more once a day. Going to a PT tomorrow for recommendations on what exercise I can do with my arthritic knees!
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My plan (i've actually been doing this for about 6 weeks)
    I'm 51/f post menopause btw (in case there are people my age/menopause that think weight loss is near impossible...I do have to hustle a little more but it's worth it):

Log food every day.

Weight train 4x week, with 20-30 minutes of easy, steady state cardio after each weight session
    30 minute HIIT cardio 3x week
    I work at Lowe's on the weekends and I get out there and corral those carts for an hour each Sat/Sun

No grain, flour, processed, sugar, dairy...I eat LCHF, one meal a day, 1500-1600 calories.
    For me, i'd rather eat big and rich 1x than graze on carby stuff all day. (Disclaimer: I don't feel like i'm depriving myself of carby stuff because I naturally gravitate towards more fat, quality meats, local veggies/fruit, etc)

Been doing this for 6 weeks, started at 192 and now 175, hoping to reach 160 with a trim waist by the time I get on that plane for my vacation in January.

Once I return from vacation, i'm going back to Starting Strength 5x5, removing HIIT, upping calories to 1800 and going to 2 meals a day in a 8 hour window.

Good luck everyone!
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Gym every other day. Dog walking 2.5 miles a day. At least 8 glasses of water daily. Instead of doing the calorie thing, I think I am going back to basics which is how I lost most of my weight before. Chicken breast. Low sodium tuna, Egg whites, low sodium Ezekiel bread, ground turkey breast. London broil ( only 2 X per week ) lots of fresh veggies, but no corn, avocado, or peas, limited tomatoes. No fruit except cantaloupe and berries. Pasta, rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes for carbs. No sauces, gravies, condiments ( except no salt mustard and catsup) salad dressings, etc. minimal sodium ( less than 50 mg per serving) no dairy. Yep it's strict but brings results. I'm starting this regime tomorrow only because I have some leftovers. LOL
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    First of all I need to get rid of the Halloween candies sitting on a table outside my office!! Is it rude to tell people stop bringing in your left over candy. I have no will power when it comes to Reese' peanut butter cups. And I know it's all about CICO. trust me I lose it with the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. Even crappy chocolate. HELP!!!