Week 31 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday October 31th through Sunday November 6th)

Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
I had a few pieces of candy. We bought $40 worth of candy and it was gone in a little over an hour. The streets in our neighborhood were lined up and down every way with cars of people who load up their kids and bring them to our neighborhood. I guess I'm just a Halloween Scrooge when it comes to that. Also, some families brought their kids around twice!!! So I saved out just a few pieces for me and that was it.

I haven't been doing too well overall with the sugar consumption. I've been feeling so anti-diet lately. I need to get back on track. I got tired of apples and peanut butter for lunch. Sometimes I just don't know what to buy that I'll eat regularly without it sitting in the fridge and spoiling. Any ideas you can throw my way?

Still mending from the accident. My hand is still puffy and bruised all over, but that's the worst of it, so I'm lucky. I got a new car...a 2012 Kia Soul with only 16k miles, so basically a new car. It's pristine. We get snowbirds here for a few months a year who barely drive their cars, so I probably got one of theirs. It drives like a dream, and so much roomier than the Dodge Neon I had.

Anyways. Looking for some lunch ideas. Quick and easy ones. Thanks!

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    Options
    Lol. I copied and pasted last week's thread title for this week and just changed the numbers. October 31th???!!! lol
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Lol on the 31th.... I'm having Halloween Withdrawal Syndrome and there is too much candy around here... Gotta take it to Operation a Gratitude to send to oversees troops, like yesterday! Hehe
    Lunches, Mmmhhh... I usually whip up a quick salad, omelette, or sandwich... Not much help there.
    I love leftover rotisserie chicken salad lettuce wraps... But don't make them too often, there is never enough chick left! Hehe

Everyone still holding on ok?
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy November Ladies!!! Dang @AZLisaLou you and @heatherc369 are both broken now!!! What the heck!? Thank goodness it wasn't worse. Great pics @NadiaMayl you look adorable and sounds like you had a great weekend! My weekend was good.. didn't pig out on sweets like I usually would have. We went to a Pumpkin patch last night and well I'm allergic to alfalfa and the place is full of "hay" soooooo I had a bad allergy attack and still feeling a bit groggy from the benadryl I had to take last night. I've been eating at my cal goals but having a hard time staying motivated on the protein macro. I'm not really sure where to go with my workouts.. my left shoulder has been giving me a hard time and I'm not really sure I should be doing heavy lifting. Sooooo.. think I'll just go hit the cardio and legs next time. Hope my shoulder gets better soon.. it sucks! Keep up the progress and hang in there!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello, SOS over her except a little extra candy in the system lol Miss you guys and I apologize for going ghost.....just in a funk xoxo
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @heatherc369 it was your turn to hit the funk zone!!! Normal, don't beat yourself over it!! Just get back to us pronto, hehe. Seriously though, how's the healing going?
    @Kerryatoon careful with injuring yourself further!! It sucks when we have to tone it down to avoid injury, but it beats the alternative.
    @AZLisaLou I'm glad to hear it's all healing and you didn't have more than a little swelling! The new car sounds nice!! It'll be a while before I upgrade my mommamobile super duper soccer mom minivan! And I tell you, the van is plane basic, at car rider line, the kids and teachers always stand there waiting for the automatic door to open, and I'm like nah-ah, use your pretty arms people, this car has nothing electric (ok ok, the windows are electric, but that's it)! Haha I love not having a car payment, tho.
    I'm back in the saddle of searching for an academic program that will fit my needs. I've started an application to a Masters program in Counseling. And My GOD, they should have a special application for non-traditional applicants, meaning people who've been home for years and don't have professional recommendations, recent job history, etc etc. where the heck am I going to get three professional people who know me and my work ethic to write me a graduate school admissions letter of recommendation!! Dang it!!! And don't even get me started on my brain freeze and my attempt at writing my Personal Statement!!!! WTF...... what am I supposed to write? Between loads of laundry I run and coordinate little cute pumpkin cutouts made of construction paper because the elementary school teachers are insane and give us tons of useless things to do in the workroom!?!?
    Aaannnyyywwwaaayyy, we'll see how that goes! I just complain to cope with the stress, I'm actually excited about it. I just hope I get accepted!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Oh yeah , still no gym for me. Ugh. But still good on maintaining the weight. Which is huge!!
    Miss my chatty ladies!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Hi ladies! @NadiaMayl glad to hear you're looking into going for your masters!! That is so awesome. I have no advice.. I got my bachelor's and that was enough.. lol. I've been nailing my macros the last couple of days and lowered my deficit again. I needed a lower target so that if I go over I'm still in a reasonable range. So far 1 day down at the lower target and felt great. Water and protein goal met. I decided to go to yoga last night rather than the gym. I think I need a couple more days off to let my shoulder rest. Yoga was awesome and I feel great after that. Looking forward to reporting steady progress here again. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. XOX!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    @NadiaMayI I go back Monday to see how much longer I am on "non-weight bearing" and make sure bones are healing correctly and have not moved ..if they have I may have to have surgery, if not I prolly got at least another Month on crutches. I am thinking Christmas I might be walking normal ...I hope
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @NadiaMayl great for you for going for more education. I hope everything works out with it and your applications.

@Kerryatoon I'm glad to hear you're hitting your targets. I envy those that can do yoga. Sorry your shoulder is still hurting....give it a little more rest.

@heatherc369 I hope your appointment Monday goes well! Let us know.

As for me, I'm not doing so well. I've gone completely off the rails. And I mean completely. :(
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Well I went a little over my calorie goals yesterday but since I have them set so low it was still in a reasonable deficit so I'm good with it. Working overtime today.. so I'm busy and keeps me from eating any junk because I'm logging. @AZLisaLou Oh no!!! Realize its ok that you fell off the track but that's no reason to stay off.. get back on that horse! I have found that logging is ESSENTIAL for me.. it keeps me acccountable.. even when I go off the rails I can see what my choices mean. It keeps the possibility of getting back to it accessible and it keeps me from spiraling into shame and guilt where I assume the worst and completely give up. So even if you're not wanting to go back into a deficit just make a committment to yourself to log EVERYTHING today, and then tomorrow too. It helps me at least. So far I haven't weighed.. I'm just focusing on my logging consistently and keeping my deficit. The weight will do what it does. Sending love and hugs to you @heatherc369 & @NadiaMayl! @AZLisaLou We CAN do this!! Get back to it.. you're worth your efforts! :)
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Quit, as quiet can be with kids, weekend. Soccer, which husband took the shifts. I'd been feeling a bit under this week, really low blood pressure, so feelin woozy and no energy... Thinking all related to stinky hormones... Man, they're going to turn me into a hypochondriac ! Hehe
    Totally unmotivated to cook varieties, which pisses me off. I get bored of lame food, hehehe but not feeling organized enough, nor with enough time... I know, I know, I should have time, but I over-committed at both boys' schools with PTA, committees and some othe school district stuff. Mostly interesting stuff, but I'm slowly realizing I'm not functioning well with very little 'house' time... Oh well, gotta find a balance! Because it's also messing with working out again! I haven't been to the gym in three weeks! Yikes!
    I think I'm going to start writing down daily goals, maybe it'll help me stay accountable again!
    Have a great start of the week, pretty ladies! The fact that we are still lurking in here, makes us warriors, don't give up on ourselves!