Fitbit workout not appearing as exercise on MFP

Options
Hi All,

I have a fitbit HR. My calories in are being synced to my fitbit from MFP. My workouts that my fitbit is tracking are not appearing as exercises on my fitness pal. Can anyone help?

Replies

• she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    They won't transfer over as individual exercise but as one lump calorie/step total. Would be nice if it did...
  • rldnellor
    rldnellor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine used to sync from Fitbit to mfp as steps and calories used. Stopped doing that in October. Do not know why? I have deleted and resynced the apps. Still no luck. It is frustrating and disappointing. My Fitbit app is working fine.
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem (fitbit not sending exercise data to mfp). I have been using the fitbit's dashboard to view my calorie goal for the day and disregarding the -red # that mfp is giving me. Heck, before this gets resolved I may prefer it this way and use mfp for food logging and community only (truth be told, after three days of this method I'm already more than half convinced I will use the calorie goal on my dashboard).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Exercise - as in a workout you may see on Fitbit - does NOT sync over to MFP.

Total calorie burn does sync over, MFP does some math, and the results happen to be put under the Exercise diary for proper math with food eating levels (if syncing with Fitbit is working).

But don't start any troubleshooting of a real issue with complaining your workouts aren't showing up - because you have a misconception then and troubleshooting will stop (as it should with misunderstanding).
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It used to show steps on my mfp. It no longer does, nor does it show a total calorie burn.
  • Emberlain
    Emberlain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My fitbit has also stopped syncing to MFP, though it's worked fine for a couple of years now.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mine does not sync an adjustment either. If I log an exercise on mfp it will sync and show on Fitbit app but then I just get a double calorie allotment. I don't want that. I want it to show an adjustment on mfp, not necessarily through exercise adjustments. Just something.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Mine does not sync an adjustment either. If I log an exercise on mfp it will sync and show on Fitbit app but then I just get a double calorie allotment. I don't want that. I want it to show an adjustment on mfp, not necessarily through exercise adjustments. Just something.

Actually you would not get a double if entered on MFP - the final Fitbit adjustment will be lower than it should be.

Say the following applied prior to you entering a workout on MFP - but Fitbit saw the workout but at less calories than your entry will be, like Fitbit saw 200, you'll be using 400 from more accurate source.

Fitbit daily burn till now - 1600
    MFP estimated till now - 1400

1600 - 1400 = 200 cal adjustment (this is not actual method used - full day projection is done then this math)

Base eating goal 1600 + 200 cal adjustment = 1800 new eating goal.

You enter an MFP workout of 400 cal, and it syncs to Fitbit, but Fitbit doesn't sync back to MFP with the increased calorie level. (you replaced their 200 with 400)

Fitbit daily burn - 1600
    MFP estimated till now - 1400

1600 - 1400 - 400 exercise = neg 200 adjustment

Base eating 1600 + 400 exercise - 200 adjustment = 1800 new eating goal.

But if MFP received new Fitbit calorie level which would be 200 higher, it would actually be:

Fitbit 1800 - 1400 MFP - 400 exercise = 0 adjustment

Base eating 1600 + 400 exercise + 0 adjustment = 2000 new eating goal

True - would be much easier if it worked correctly - but your fear of getting double adjustment isn't happening, you aren't getting enough actually.

Now - if you just entered it on Fitbit directly, replaced their 200 workout calories with manual 400 workout.
    The above results would still be true, except no exercise calories on MFP are involved.
  • skilvington
    skilvington Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same problem here, stopped syncing Sunday 13th. Been working properly for nearly 2 years prior. Really annoying