Are you mindful?

Options
Only_Today
Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
Can you name at least one reason you veer from your plan? What causes you to make decisions inconsistent with your goals? What brings the insanity back?

Replies

• Only_Today
    Only_Today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For me? Whenever I get "too" anything - out of balance. That's when I have less resistance to saying "NO" to something that is not on my plan. One of the biggest ones is if I get too tired. Then I am too fatigued to fight the urge to overeat. I am trying to stay more balanced as getting more sleep is not an option for me right now.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Stress is number one reason I go off plan. I get so wound up over certain things that I don't have time to worry about healthy decisions. I always get my exercise in since it helps me deal but the food is my issue.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    too tired to cook :) My husband is always just to eager to "pick something up"
  • KaeChelleA
    KaeChelleA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been sick with bronchitis the last few days and that has gotten me off track a bit. I've just wanted to eat junk and sleep. I just got me something unhealthy to eat and it really didn't even satisfy me. Thinking about "Is it really worth it?" kind of gets me back on track. I'm ready to pick myself back up tomorrow. Today I still plan to rest but will be mindful of my eating the rest of the day.
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Stess and time are big ones for me. But I have found ways to manage my stress so that I am not eating my emotions. Finding the time to meal prep or lack a lunch is hard, I have found my groove. With the help of my boyfriend we sit down on a Friday or Saturday to figure out the next week's meals and a shopping list.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I can make good decisions all day long and the second I'm with someone and they say "do you want some of this?" I feel compelled to say yes. like for some reason saying no would be being rude? It's a habit I'm working on breaking.
  • sarahmchugh07
    sarahmchugh07 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and do not preplan. Once I do preplan, I'm good. Ironically- I get bored very fast!
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Skipping lunch or going too long between meals really messes up my progress
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    mostly it is when I get really tired and/or irritable
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and do not preplan. Once I do preplan, I'm good. Ironically- I get bored very fast!

Use different colored markers or stickers or glitter pens. Sounds silly but it makes it fun and colorful. Same as the food we should be eating, filled with color.