Why do you want to lose weight?

Options
katemartino8
katemartino8 Posts: 17 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
I'd love to hear what got you started in losing weight, or what your goals are! For me, it was to feel more confident and physically more comfortable in clothes and being active and to feel more energy and clear minded.

Replies

• Michzp
    Michzp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whew now that would be a question for a LOOONG discussion over a glass of wine. In brief - I have been fat since a baby. About 10 years ago I managed to get a handle on things, I was actually at a normal BMI, was eating well and exercising.....but I had what I can now see as body dysmorphic syndrome. Friends and even a dietician wanted to know why I wanted to loose more and I couldn't believe they couldn't see how fat I still was....
    I have gone from that to a fat blimp again (about 10kg less than when it started but about 7kg more than where I want to be). I want to get back to where I was - that good eating, good exercise routine and get that confidence and feeling of being healthy back.
  • Amethystpink
    Amethystpink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight as I will feel better emotionally, have greater balance in my life and fit into my clothes again which I have not been able to fit into for two years. I need to lose 6kg but also want to develop healthy eating habits at home and socially
  • dakota341
    dakota341 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to lose weight to feel better about myself and keep up with my kids. I am young and it is only going to get worse from here! I definitely need motivation and having groups like these help a ton. I started this about 6 months ago and have lost 20lbs. 80lbs to go!
  • Koljandertjie69
    Koljandertjie69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls, see you haven't been chatting for a while? Is this group still active. I can do with some motivation :)
  • Momma2Boyz
    Momma2Boyz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP last year and was able to lose 20lbs. I was feeling wonderful. In Sept I started having severe pain in my foot and in January had to have surgery to remove a mass, and the recover was much longer than I anticipated. Needless to say, almost a year later here I am again ready to get started.

Even though I did this before, I still feel a little lost in getting started and staying motivated. Hoping to find some support in the MFP community.

I want to lose weight for a number of reasons. Be a good example to my son; feel good in my own skin; get of medications I have started since putting the weight back on; feel sexy when my husband is close to me instead of self conscious. He always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am, but it would be nice to not want to roll my eyes when he tells me that.

Hoping maybe this group will pick up.
  • Koljandertjie69
    Koljandertjie69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting again! Same here - last year I loss 27kg (59.5lbs) then move to a new town and picked 10kg (22 lbs) again. BUT I started last week with MFP again and already loss 2.7kg. This definitely work if you honest on your diary and stick to it.

Add me anytime if you looking for support :)
  • Momma2Boyz
    Momma2Boyz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome @Koljandertjie66 ! 60lbs is an amazing accomplishment! I have no doubt you will get back there again. We've done it once, the only thing that can get in the way this time is ourselves ;)@Koljandertjie66 I sent you an add request, and wanted to welcome anyone else in the group to add me if they would like. The more support we have behind us the more likely we will be to succeed...and for me accountability is a good thing!
  • shezzz21
    shezzz21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I want to lose weight for my own self confidence, for my happiness. For me to surprise my husband. For me to be able to play more with my baby. For me to be able to just feel how it is to be thin. I own 3 pairs of clothes which I wash and wear because I feel like I don't deserve to. Buy any clothes right now. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I've hit my highest weight so far in a struggle of over 12 years trying to lose weight. Currently I'd like to lose 40kg. I hope I can. Do this