Water Intake Challenge: RESET your body

Options
CRsparkle1
CRsparkle1 Posts: 12 Member

Hello SPHers!

Can you believe we're heading into a full month since our wellness initiative launched on October 20, 2016? I've been reading articles about how water impacts our health and body. I read an article at the live strong website that has me thinking differently about my water consumption. One thing that I've noticed is that my water intake is not where I would like it to be.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/118755-daily-water-intake-weight-loss/

Are you ready to do a water challenge? The water challenge is simple, and thought it would be fun to do together in our fitness pal group. The 5 simple rules are discussed in the reset your body video too. I thought our SPH wellness group would be a good place to keep each other accountable and post our water consumption in ounces daily.

http://www.resetyourbody.com/waterchallenge/

1 Fill up a single jug or bottle or pitcher with your daily amount of water (SEE BELOW) in the morning. (Buy a jug of water & reuse that jug) You must finish the entire contents of your jug before you go to bed that night. PERIOD.

2 Do it for 10 days straight.

3 Finish all of the previous days water before you can start over with today’s water. That jug is your life line! Only water from the jug counts towards your Challenge. (Squeeze real lemons into the water if you like. Or add sliced cucumbers)

4 You can drink additional things. Just minimize the amount of coffee and soda and energy drinks (etc) during the Challenge. (I don’t expect you to just stop cold turkey…I’m realistic!)

5 Get a group of you to do it together!

In Health,

Replies

• Lssuhick
    Lssuhick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wonder if we could get people to donate old gallon sized milk jugs, or we could start a plan with this to go get 25 jugs from Jewel and hand them out. (collect the cost before hand) But I like it ... and I am curious to see the results and the responses. (I may need to buy my jug tomorrow)
  • CRsparkle1
    Options
    Great, hope we can more people to join us!
  • CRsparkle1
    Options
    Day one for the water challenge.

Here we go! The main point of the water intake challenge is to hydrate ourselves adequately daily. Feel free to adjust and make the challenge work for you. I intended the video to be a conversation starter. This water challenge is a good reminder for me to hydrate more during the day while at work. As the weather gets colder this time of the year, I tend to drink less water. How about you?
  • CRsparkle1
    Options
    Day Two

Yesterday I got in most of the water in my gallon jug before leaving work, that's definitely more water than the day before. I'm working on it.

How are you doing with your water intake today?
  • Lssuhick
    Options
    I purchased my jug on Monday ... left it here at work but it was gone within 24 hours. I did try to increase my water at home as well ... so hopefully that is helping turn the corner. Refilled today about 2/3 of the jug and hope to finish before 4.
  • CRsparkle1
    Options
    Day Three

I finished about half jug today at work. I will do my best to finish before bedtime.
  • CRsparkle1
    Options
    Days Four - Eight: got in most of my water for the day. Feeling more energetic and drinking less coffee.
  • Lssuhick
    Options
    I have filled up 2.5 times this week ... Sol I am probably about a gallon behind but the big jug on my desk does make me conscious about it and drink more, so I find it a slight win!!!
  • CRsparkle1
    Options
    Days nine and ten were intense. I got in half a jug each day. That was much more water than I had been drinking so that was a victory for me! And great idea to have the on your desk as a reminder! I'm going to keep going with the water challenge and be more conscious of my water intake, especially during the winter and holiday season.
  • Lssuhick
    Options
    I have dropped off my water intake the past few weeks and I can feel it. Going to fill up said jug again today ... cause I really need to try and drink 2 in the next three days. Goal set!