How do you fit exercise into your daily routine?

Options
hubn8147
hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
Hi ladies! I want to know how and where do you find time to exercise in your schedule? I'm 5 months postpartum and need to get back into working out!

Replies

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    When I was on maternity leave, I would go for walks pushing the stroller. I also took a "mom and baby" fitness class at the university three times a week.

Now, we take the kids for a walk every night after dinner (with either one or two strollers, depending on whether the 3 year old wants to walk or ride). I also still take the fitness class - but only twice a week now as that's all I can fit in my schedule.

Personally, I think it's more important to fit physical activity into your life than for it to necessarily be "exercise".
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I tend to not want to take time away from the time I get with my daughter and husband. I work full time outside the home so hours with them are precious.
    I try to get up before everyone else, about 5 a.m. and work out on the elliptical or with weights at least five days a week. it is a good way to start the day plus I'm done before they are awake and we can still all get ready for the day together. My husband does his daddy duty if daughter wakes up while I'm working out so I've got great back up but that is the only way I can get it in.
    I also walk at work on breaks and at lunch. Clears my head and makes me feel like I've burned a few calories, at least.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of 3. Just had my little one in October. My older two join me with exercise most times. We love to do zumba and yoga and i got them both 3 lbs weights they use. I also use the elliptical when they don't exercise with me. I do it while my youngest naps or my husband will take him so I can exercise. (During the summer we take daily walks as a family but it's to cold and wet now)
  • jessicadloza
    jessicadloza Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do work out DVDs during nap time. (I have two kids. I lose the baby weight within 6 months of my first but still have about 7 pounds left from my second... 2 years later! Which is why I joined this site.) Recently, my husband and I arranged for me take a walk by myself for about 45 minutes every morning while he watches the kiddos. When they were a little younger (4 and 2 now) we could walk in the stroller more often but now they only want to go in the stroller if there's a destination.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Walking with the stroller or doing a DVD with her crawling around me. It's hard I know!
  • themousevn
    themousevn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I go to the park and run around with my daughter. We also go to the pool. Not really 'working out' but keeps me fit. I also carry her everywhere or use a sling. I have really toned arms without lifting a single weight
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    themousevn wrote: »
    I go to the park and run around with my daughter. We also go to the pool. Not really 'working out' but keeps me fit. I also carry her everywhere or use a sling. I have really toned arms without lifting a single weight

Nonsense! You're lifting that single weight all over the place. A cuddly wriggly adorable little weight. Or so I like to remind myself. :smiley: