DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
Morning, Men~

Up and attem!

No Redskins and No Nascar on boob tube today.... Hmmmmmm

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Morning. Watching the sunrise here from my balcony window. Christmas decorations starting to appear here and there, but not much yet (except in the stores where they've been up since the day after Halloween. )
  • mikehikemike
    Options
    My laptop screen was black for two days, and now it has suddenly fixed itself, apparently. Can't figure out what happened.

Started getting ready to paint yesterday. Difficult because I live in such a tiny space with probably too much furniture and stuff, so will have to do a little at a time working around the furniture as I go. Picking out colors with the Home Depot app where you take photos and change the colors with various paint selections. Nothing goes with my avocado colored bathroom tiles from the 70's.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Tough day at office yesterday. Decent weather today, so can finish prepping for winter.

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I have spent the last two days working on our greenhouse/garden shed. Have all of the big windows in, so now it is just the front facing, some trim, and adding a side window left. In part I am very thankful that it is supposed to rain today, but on the other hand, it would be good to get this done. I still don't have my leaves picked up either, mostly because of this greenhouse project.

Don't know if we are going to church today or not. It is hanging of the greens for the first Sunday in Advent. That is a tough service for us because the Christmas music is hard to listen to.

Have a great day!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good Morning. Relaxed yesterday watched football and some movies with DW and restarted walking again during a break in the rain. this time there were no issues with the back. Stretching and using the Tens unit per Drs instructions. Even did a little gift shopping. Making good use of the DVR with all these great games on. Pretty interesting year for the Pac 12
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Mike, be very careful mixing open flames and drying foliage. There is a very good reason the practice has disappeared.

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Mike - i echo the warnings.... While us fireman like the paycheck - its a terrible thing to see (or experience) your home going up in flames.....
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Mike, you may want to google one of the videos on fast a dry tree can go up in flames. Perhaps just having candles on as traditional decorations but not lighting them?
  • mikehikemike
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I plan to cut my own live tree, wrap the trunk butt immediately in water soaked rags, and keep it constantly watered when it goes in the stand. Only a dozen candles, carefully placed, and lit only a brief while, and only while I'm in the room. Probably only lighting it the day it is set up. A bucket and extinguisher right next to the tree. A solid quality tree stand tightened up properly, tree not leaning tipsy.

I know there have been fires, and dry trees can go up in flames fast, but live, constantly watered trees are supposed be relatively fire resistant. I may cut a few branches and test them outside first to see if they burn at all or not. And the fires usually start because of carelessness, inattention, etc.

Will keep folks posted ...
  • mikehikemike
    Options
    I do appreciate the precaution warnings. Tree would be set up by door leading to balcony ... wonder if neighbors would mind me hurling a flaming tree off the 3rd floor?
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have a great Sunday everyone.