Roll Call: Tuesday 11.29.16

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
< Waves hello......Busy day beginning early today!

Have an inspired day as you inspire others!

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Bill, today your last day? Sorry, am short on cash this week.

Be OP ;-)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. A rough day yesterday with the side effects from the gabapentin meds that keep the nerve pain under control. I am up early after dosing off early last night. I am kinda disappointed about the "short on cash" thing. I guess I will have to work thru Wednesday to compensate. Today is a luncheon with the local office and another coworker from another location I have know for 30 years. Most of the office is out of town at a last minute meeting in Salt Lake so it will be small and that works for me. "East Coast" pizza is on tap. Vegan, gluten free and perhaps a normal one.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

"Vegan, gluten-free" pizza is like sugar-free chocolate cake; that's just not right.
    Congratulations on reaching the ultimate career goal, Bill.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Bill, I'm short on cash too this week, but with you in spirit. I think that you are going to feel much better once you don't have to go into work, and get rid of stress associated with that. Congratulations on winding down a long and successful career! You deserve the best that retirement can offer!

I also agree with Dave. What a sad sounding pizza. Stick with the normal pizza! :smile:
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    This is the Bay Area of Northern California. I have co workers who are vegan and eat gluten free whom I appreciate and are making insisted on there being a lunch. I don't mind eating this stuff. Personally, I would take an old fashioned thin crust pepperoni and a root beer or a hoppy double IPA. Of course with the meds I am on that woud knock me on my butt. Shall we next discuss the magic of essential oils and the power of turmeric?
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Hey, congratulations Bill. That's super. Good for you. Enjoy it all.

Is that TENS thing working out? Hopefully pain will be more manageable with more time and space to manage it.

Went to Tuesday Bible study this morning... homemade apple pie, cherry cake and italian pretzels. I skipped the italian cookies, so that counts for something. The rest of the day I have eaten healthy. Steve, I've gained 7 lbs since I rejoined WW in 2013 (I quit again this August), and seem to be holding steady at 15 lbs overweight. Still determined to get on track with things.
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Another great day all, make it a good one.