Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hello All UAC-December Members,

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• OneFitSLP
    OneFitSLP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time with this challenge, but what a great way to help us get through calorie-packed December!!
  • Leilacsb
    Leilacsb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First challenge. I'm really excited!
  • tkechell
    tkechell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First challenge...anxious, but I need the challenge.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I have been on this challenge many times, lost most, but I have won some. I am ready to go for this one.
  • sheenbrennan72
    sheenbrennan72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Using paleo. Been a year since I joined my fitness pal and only lost 5 pounds. I need this. I self sabotage.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Welcome to y'all! This challenge is different than a short term challenge. You choose your calorie limit; you choose whatever type of activity as your exercise for the day (It should raise your heart rate, but you decide how much); and you must track all the food you take in. This challenge is designed to encourage and train the lifetime habits of thoughtfulness in what we eat and how much we exercise.
    December is a challenging month for almost everyone. It is for me! My habit is to gain a few pounds. This year, my goal is to maintain my current weight.
    RangerRickL, or actually...Rick
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    This is my first. I need this. I need to stay focused and on track!
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Peeps, I am happy about this challenge. It's exactly what I need. Good luck to all of us!
  • bobbylou23
    bobbylou23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feeling very positive about joining this group! First time on the UAC. But really need it.

I like the sound of creating thoughtfulness around food Rick - this month I joined a 'no late night snacking' forum.., I've had 3 conscious/mindful slips but managed the rest of the month without eating after 7.30pm. I was surprised by how much I thought about food at night when I wasn't actually hungry.

Looking forward to building up some good habits this month.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Awesome...I am in. I need the accountability! Sometimes I get busy and the first thing that suffers is my logging. Hoping to make it a permanent habit. My name is Pam and I live in San Antonio. I have a job with crazy hours, 24 hour shifts, so I get busy and logging suffers. I need the motivation to keep it up. My highest weight was 335. I lost down to 200...then grad school, busy life and complacency set in. I gained back to 250 when I started on MFP. At 237.5 (small gain over the holiday), I am struggling to get back in the groove. I find that challenges help keep me going!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    HI There! I'm MJ from S.E. Alaska. I've seen similar challenges and always thought they were too hardcore because it was ALL or Nothing, this one seems a bit more realistic while still being hardcore! This will be my first attempt and I NEED it!

...After a significant lapse in healthy eating, a long-term fitness funk and a regain that is overly embarrassing, I created a 30 day cleansing detox challenge for myself to kick start my losing again. Once I discovered there were 30 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, I knew it was as good a time as any, so I started last Friday! My "Kickstart a Comeback Challenge" falls in line with this challenge and this one will take me through the end of the month to the New Year!

Ready to give it a go! Good luck to EVERYONE!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm doing this challenge again this month. I had to drop out early last month because I got sick with a cold and turned to comfort food, though I made myself walk for exercise at least every day. I'm really looking forward to the December challenge!
  • margaritayniguez
    margaritayniguez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in desperate need for this group. I can't wait for this challenge to start.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

My name is Kelsea. I'm 25 years old and work in a hospital. I see the negative effects of an unhealthy lifestyle everyday, which motivates me to get healthy. However, I like to go out with friends and long shifts lead to unhealthy eating, so staying accountable 24/7 is my biggest obstacle.

This is my second challenge. My goal is to lose 12 lbs by February 1st. I lost 3-4 lbs on last month's challenge (Woohoo!), and I would like similar or better results this month.

I love this challenge! Welcome newcomers! Stick with this; it works! Also, feel free to friend me!
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited and a bit apprehensive about this December challenge, as it will definitely be tough one. I have my staff X-mas party tomorrow and many more celebrations to come throughout the month. Last month's challenge was great, and I also lost 4 lbs, so it's worth it. Good luck!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my first time with this challenge. I'm just looking for something to keep me focused and get me motivated. I haven't really logged or lifted or ran in a long time and I miss how I felt when I was on board. I have 3 boys and work as an accountant (so at a desk all day). Hope it's a great month :smile:
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi MzManiak - I'm an accountant as well, so I can relate to sitting all day at a desk in the office I'm constantly surrounded by goodies and treats! It's a challenge to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle in these conditions, but we can do it!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MzManiak and @EmilyCowlard2016 I'm a tax lawyer who does lots of estate planning; asset protection and tax analysis. See www.lawelderlaw.com
    Everybody thinks that our work is so boring, but it sure isn't. Rick
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    This is my second month here on UAC. I'm in England so that will explain if you think I'm posting at weird times sometimes or use a word you don't! This is my last month of maternity leave before returning to work so I want to make sure good habits are firmly embedded. Good luck everyone! And if you want to send me a mfp friend request too you can.