DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Morning, Men~

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

So Bill, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" (early sixties street wisdom).

CONGRATS! How was the gluten free pizza?

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Up at 4, for no reason, just couldn't sleep. I'll be dragging today. I need to get back into exercising. Maybe I can get tired enough to sleep better.

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I was up at 4:00 this morning too. I suppose it is not too bad making it to the office before 6:30 on the first of the month. Lots to do today. Bible study tonight, could be a very long day by the end of it!

Congratulations, Bill! Now it is time to simply relax for awhile, and work on getting your back to feeling better!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    It's TGIF Eve, though it does not matter to Lou and Bill and Dave.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Nor me. Retired from my State job in 2012 after 39-1/2 years of fun and frolicking. I do miss some of the work and some of the people, but definitely not the commute or the bureaucratic BS.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from the other side. Remarkably peaceful this morning. Slept till 5:00 which is late for me. I ended my career by leaving my jacket and cap at the office, losing my office keys and having dinner with my wife and ex-boss. I take my longest drive in 4 months today (1 hr) and start a 6 week course on the Gokhale Method to focus on posture, sitting, laying, walking, etc. My Pain Dr asked me to read the book, so I spent the money on the weekly small group classes. I will relax for the next day or two, my back is very sore from sitting a bit too much and start putting together some things to work on like meal planning, Christmas lights and house projects. But first I need to make a dent in some of the bags of coffee beans my coworkers gave me since they now me so well.

Dave, do they have next steps figured out for you to understand what is going on sleep wise?

Lee they punked out on the gluten free pizza for the sake of the group. My vegan friend opted for just a vegetarian pizza since vegan cheese is soy based which was a problem for someone. The vegetarian pizza was really good though. We didn't even get whole wheat crust out of respect for the 2 non believers for whom we order a meat special. Basically we woosed out.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    mornin guys. yeah I sleep better after long hike or bike ride for sure.
    Bill hope you and Dr Pain fogure it out.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I sleep pretty well with a little bourbon coursing through my veins.

Welcome to the Nothing To Do Club, Bill. It was good for the first week or so, but I'm kind of over it already.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Bill, it is interesting. You just retired, and I'm just starting a new Bible Study tonight on the following. It seems like a really good book. Shortest synopsis is that you work the first half of your life to get ahead, and you live the second half of your life to help others and leave a legacy. It seems like a really good book.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=halftime+moving+from+success+to+significance+bob+buford&filters=ufn:"halftime+moving+from+success+to+significance+bob+buford"+sid:"faee114b-5241-6fd6-3334-c282b544141b"&FORM=SNAPST

Well, that doesn't look right in typing mode, so try Buford: Halftime - Moving from Success to Significance.
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have a good day men.