Thinking of join sw online

Options
adnil17
adnil17 Posts: 35 Member
I did go to sw group but I then suffered with anxiety. I find it hard going to places with people.
I was going to.join sw online. Does it work the same without the group support? Are you not more likely to cheat if you are not being weighed by someone else?
It's just because £60 for 3 months is a lot of cash for me to pay.

Replies

• Tea_A_Holic
    Tea_A_Holic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    if you are going to do online, cant you just use mfp?
  • Caroledeegee
    Caroledeegee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I joined SW online last week as I can't get to a group with my schedule. I have found it fine, but also use the phone app to get syn values. I also work with someone who has (very successfully) done Slimming World so she is on hand to answer any questions. There are quite a lot of Youtube videos for meal prep, recipes etc. I lost 4 and a half pounds in my first week and I am delighted. I keep a notebook as a food diary as I find it easier than logging online (SW) and you can't track with MFP.

• Tea_A_Holic
    Tea_A_Holic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @Caroledeegee Well done on your weight loss I started SW but using a group, it helps seeing and hearing other members going through the same sort of ups and downs as I am, but that's what works for me.

I too lost 4.5 lbs in my first week, but as a diabetic I am also logging food in here as I have been given a 1500 calorie limit by a diabetic dietitian, it also helps with keeping a check n the amount of sugars and carbs I am taking in as well as salt. I do go over sometimes on the sugar, mainly because it is in so many fruits AND veggies!!!!