I Sense A Disturbance In The Movie Theaters

Options
In two weeks I think movie theaters are not going to know what hit them. I am SO excited about Star Wars: Rogue One and seeing Lord Darth Vader back on the big screen that it is one of the only shinning lights of what has really been a pretty dismal 2016 for all. Although I am nervous that composer John Williams is not behind the podium this time, I am optimistically curious about the score that Michael Giacchino ( one of the best modern day composers IMHO) has done for the film. He has some mighty big shoes to fill! B) Can't wait to see if it set a new box office record.

Replies

• d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call 2016 dismal. This year gave me 3 new favorites. 10 Cloverfield Lane, so tense, and a great performance by John Goodman. Green Room, extremely visceral, and with some awesome twists. And finally Captain America: Civil War. The best Marvel movie so far, and that's saying something.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed a lot of movies this year! Really looking forward to next year though!
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @dogma, @Franc127 I agree about the movies being great this year and hell Rogue One is just over a week away. But we lost a lot of talent this year between Prince, Alan Rickman, Bowie, Gene Wilder just to name a few. Plus I live outside of Orlando Florida where one of the biggest gun shootings in US history took place and a lot my friends were affected and I am not even going to go into the politics of 2016 :p LOL
  • Francl27
    Options
    Still no official review but the first impressions were excellent! I'll be there on Friday morning at 9am.
  • fjpetruccelli
    Options
    @Franc127 No spoilers please ;) I won't be able to see it until Saturday. Although the soundtrack comes out Friday so I will definitely be giving that a listen :)
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The big question, take a day off work to see a Friday Matinee? Or suck it up and wait?
  • Francl27
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    The big question, take a day off work to see a Friday Matinee? Or suck it up and wait?

I'd wait, probably. Luckily I don't work.
  • fjpetruccelli
    Options
    @renku and @Franc127 I have to wait until a Saturday Matinee because of a play I am involved in that runs tomorrow and Friday night. It's killing me, waiting to see Rogue One not the play LOL :#
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see it tonight, cannot wait!
  • fjpetruccelli
    Options
    @jonsmithkidd no spoilers please :)