Favorite time to workout?

Lssuhick
Lssuhick Posts: 9 Member
I am struggling these past few days with getting my workouts in, so I was curious of the group what days/times are easiest for them and why.

Replies

• ethrun
    ethrun Posts: 3 Member
    I try to fit in my workout after work. I find the key is to not getting "comfortable" when I get home and throw on my workout clothes right away. Another option is to go to the gym straight from work. Apparently I am doing it wrong too!
  • antoniahd
    antoniahd Posts: 6 Member
    I'm a "get it in where I fit it in" person. I hate mornings, but I try to do a little something before I get in the shower. I have an app for a 7 minute workout that works pretty well. Then I make efforts to take the stairs or walk when I can at work. When I get home I just try to keep moving even when I'm sitting. I bought these workout rubber bands by Bundlemaster to add resistance when I'm shaking my legs (habit). And I try to do a little something during TV commercials.
  • Hdiggy13
    Hdiggy13 Posts: 1 Member
    I prefer to work out in the mornings before work because it gives me lasting energy throughout the day. As a rule of thumb, I layout my workout clothes the night before so that when I get up in the morning, I change into them without having to think too much. Also, that way my metabolism is faster earlier in the day, and I have time to make smart decisions about food choices, rather than after work, when I'm tired and try to fit a work out in and don't necessarily want to eat a lot before bed.
  • Lssuhick
    Lssuhick Posts: 9 Member
    I am very much a morning working type of person, but with my commute I already have to get up at 5:30 each day and for some reason getting up at 4:30 sounds daunting. I do my best to workout after work regularly but like ethrun stated if I get too comfortable then it is not going to work ... Where I previously lived I had a gym on my drive home and so it was easy to force myself there after work (and it was cheap), now I am struggling because most of my workouts are at home. I like the 7 minute workout idea ... maybe I can somehow add that to my morning routines. Thanks everyone!