good morning

Options
onsickmom
onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
I madeit another day sober....yes!!!!! I'm still tapering down from meds..dropped another mg...Let that make me sick a couple weeks and drop again...Almost there...I wanna be thru the rough stuff from no alcohol and pain meds before summer starts.....If you run across this please join!!!!! Can use all the love and support

Replies

• LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined. I'm currently doing a 30 day 'dry' run. I'm on day 11. I decided to do this because beer, particularly high calorie craft beer, has been one of the culprits assisting me to gain 20 lbs over the last 2-3 years. That was all the weight (plus a few) that I had lost previously and managed to keep off for over 7 years. Couple that with peri-menopause and it is a recipe for disaster. Plus, I felt it was time to re-establish some old rules I had in place about when & how much I could drink. My tolerance was getting a little high & my resolve a little low. It was time for a break. Plus, I wanted to prove to myself that I didn't need it to have fun, or relax, etc. All the things I used as an excuse to have the beer in the first place.

So, here I am. After 11 days, I have found that I haven't lost - or gained, fortunately - a single pound, but I am sleeping & feeling better. I can't say I have any more energy, but I haven't had to curse myself for any of the past 11 mornings. I made it through a holiday party, a 'bartending' stint, and a football game with friends, without having a single beer. My 30 days are up on December 26th, but depending on how this goes, I may extend it into January.

Good luck to all of you, whatever your reasons or motivations for cutting back or eliminating alcohol.

• onsickmom
    Options
    @LB30 hello and welcome!!!!!!!!!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Sounds like your on your way to a better life!!!! I'm currently having some problems with the later anxiety stuff...oh boy!!!! Stay strong keep posting...Even if people don't join in we may be able to help others with our stories...And Hopefully help save some lives from utter doom....Alcohol leads to the same dead end road every time.... Hope to hear your progress real soon!!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm joining the group for January! I felt so good in November, I am excited to go again this month!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21 .......I'm so happy your here!!!!!!!!