Welcome!

Options
benny_87
benny_87 Posts: 11 Member
rdbr01v9las1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! Jump on in and start discovering your journey to health and wellness!

Replies

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
  • Notreadytoquit
    Options
    Homemade Chocolate Cherry Gummy Medibles
    3/4 cup water or medicinal infusion (Gingerade , Chamomile, red beet juice...)
    1 cup frozen cherries (fruit, preserves, maybe thyme or rosemary)
    5 Tablespoon organic cane sugar (research more for honey or maple syrup)

2-4 Tablespoons elderberry glycerite or tincture of choice (Optional)
    1/2 teaspoon liquid lecithin
    1/8 teaspoon citric acid
    2 Tablespoon Golden Syrup / organic corn syrup
    3 Tablespoon gelatin (vegetarian / vegan consider kudzu powder and agar)
    1 tablespoon organic chocolate extract (used a teaspoon taste minimal)

Grapeseed oil
    Arrowroot powder / cornstarch

 Use an 8" square pan or a small cookie sheet or anything you want. Coat with grapeseed or other mild oil. Wipe. Dust lightly with arrowroot or cornstarch powder. Arrowroot is silky and tastes less chalky than corn starch.
     Get everything ready before you start as candy comes together fast.
     Prepare 2nd group of ingredients.
     Process the cherries in the water, add a bit of water if necessary, just boil a bit longer. I put the sugar with the fruit and liquid. One of my batches had gritty sugar, so boil until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil then pour over rest of ingredients (like making jello).
     Mix quickly and thoroughly.
     Pour into pan, place in freezer for 30-45 minutes. Gently cut gummies+ into equal portions. Dust a tray if desired with arrowroot mixed with small amount of citric acid for more tart sour gummy taste. Place tray of gummy pieces in freezer. After fully firm, refrigeration is fine.

At this point I put them in the dehydrator and they become shelf stable. I use molds. The gummy melts, the water evaporates and a perfect gummy is born.

I recommend you read through a few recipes and come up with the method that will be easiest for your lifestyle. Recipe may sound complex, but it's really easy. If it doesn't set up cook down, add more gelatin and try again.

Enjoy, Trisha Rose

*(Optional ... think cold and flu medicine or other meds for children, immune boosting herbal prepararions, etc. Don't boil.) If you use medications please figure out proper dose.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Options
    Okay, so I ate the one in the front. It's important to taste.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7axvrzx9s3apzb9/2016-12-05 12.32.03.jpg?dl=0