Recently pregnant, Aug 2017 Due Date

Options
So I have been loosing weight (38lbs) since my last pregnancy (daughter is 16 months) and we just found out we are expecting our second... I'm not where I wanted to be before getting pregnant... but I'm still down over 30 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight with the first... so I'm hoping to only gain 20-25 total with this one... so the plan is to deliver at a lower weight than I started with my first! Hoping to find others who are tracking for a healthy weight gain during pregnancy! I've been extremely bloated already, almost added 5lbs to the scale... but I think it's just bloat, because my eating has been similar to my weight loss eating habits! Anyone have suggestions for getting in enough food... I seem to struggle with no eating enough

Replies

• babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm almost 12 weeks with #2 and baby #1 with be 6 months on the 28th. I am starting 10 lbs lighter than my first pregnancy and this pregnancy I gained 3 lbs bc I was over eating due to mild nausea. At 9 weeks that got better and at 10 weeks I ate 1800 calories plus walked more and became more active. Lost it and am maintaining now.

My first I gained 40 pounds (the last 10 pounds tho was gained in a week JUST from water retention lol) so actually I gained 30 lbs. This time I'm hoping for 20. With my first I gained 10 pounds in the first trimester bc I didn't count calories till 16 weeks and this time I'm also weighing food which I love bc im obsessed with pasta haha.

I give myself 1 cheat day a week, or try to sometimes it's 2 lol so help with craving
  • tbratz
    tbratz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are trying, no luck yet but Im in the same boat. I wanted to loose more before baby #2 but it didn't happen. Km hoping I can offset it and lose what I should be gaining
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this thread since I'm due in August too. In the past I have gain so much weight with my pregnancies so I am looking forward for this pregnancy to be different, I want to stay active, eat healthy and don't gain so much weight.
  • Fu100
    Fu100 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Really helpful reading! This is my first pregnancy through IVF and I'm 10 weeks. Used to train and run but stopped in November as I couldn't raise my body temp due to the meds and my egg transfer. Have put on a few ponds due to eating anything to help my nausea but hoping I can calm that a bit into my second trimester and back to gym and healthy eating!!!!
    Any tips would be great!!
  • deo422
    deo422 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm due in September!!! How do I still use MFP to track?
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    @deo422 I don't know if this is what you're "supposed" to do or not, but I set mine to maintenance and then added about 300 calories (I'm 18 weeks). I'm actually having trouble hitting my calories and haven't gained anything - I'm actually still down about 4 pounds from when I found out (I had - still have - really bad nausea). My OB wasn't exactly thrilled at my last appointment and I go back in 9 days so I'm hoping to have gained at least a little something! Definitely discuss with your OB if you have questions though. That's what they're there for - and heaven knows you're paying them enough ;) Congrats, btw!
  • deo422
    deo422 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @deo422 I don't know if this is what you're "supposed" to do or not, but I set mine to maintenance and then added about 300 calories (I'm 18 weeks). I'm actually having trouble hitting my calories and haven't gained anything - I'm actually still down about 4 pounds from when I found out (I had - still have - really bad nausea). My OB wasn't exactly thrilled at my last appointment and I go back in 9 days so I'm hoping to have gained at least a little something! Definitely discuss with your OB if you have questions though. That's what they're there for - and heaven knows you're paying them enough ;) Congrats, btw!

Thanks Hurricane_C! I like your tracking methods.. I'm sorry you're experiencing such discomfort :(. I'm dreading that starting. I see my RE this week and then will schedule with whoever my OB will be. I hope you feel better soon and have a healthy pregnancy! Congrats
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    deo422 wrote: »
    I am on my first trimester and I set mine to maintenance, once I move to the second trimester I plan to add 300cal....
    Of course every situation is different if you are at your goal weight you can add more...
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    deo422 wrote: »

Congrats. I'm due in September too. I haven't started counting calories yet but with my other kids I usually kept my 1st tri to maintaining, and second tri I increased 200 and 3rd to 300. I'm hoping I can watch my weight without tracking this time around, I eat mostly paleo but started getting aversions lately. Ugh
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm due August 23 but we found out we are having twins so I have no idea what to set my calories to. I just want to avoid a low birthweight. My doctor says he doesn't like to go too far past 37 weeks with twins, so I am looking at the first week of August at this point.