Fitting in Exercise During a Busy Work Week

Options
ethrun
ethrun Posts: 3 Member
With all the social commitments and work deadlines that accompany the holidays it is becoming more difficult to fit in my daily workout. However, I am trying to become creative with different ways to incorporate exercise for those days that I can't make it to the gym. For example, I will get off a few stops before my usual bus stop to increase my steps for the day.

Here's a great article that has numerous options on how you can deskercise while you are at work: http://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work

I think I will try "The “Weeee” Desk Chair Wheel" today!

What are your some of your strategies to fit in exercise during a busy week?

Replies

• eherre3
    eherre3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since every week has different demands, I try to work around them by scheduling a run on the evenings I am most flexible that week and schedule a longer run on the weekend. If I work late, I try to fit in a 20-30 minute DVD before getting into relax mode at home. If I absolutely cannot workout during the week, I walk to the bus stop (about a mile) and do an 11 flight stairs exercise at SPH. :)
  • CRsparkle1
    CRsparkle1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing. I prefer to start my day with some type of movement. I'm working to get in my belly dance warmup for 5 minutes and do a stretching video in the morning to set up my day. The article has some great tips. Today I did the The “Crunch Time” Crunch! Oooohweeee is all I have to say!