Handle your 3 S's
Get to moving,
Daylights Burning

Replies

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Cold coming to Georgia, high of 44 here today then dropping into 20's tonight and staying cold for weekend. My sidekick Arthur does not like cold.
    Couple of Christmas parties this weekend and need to do some shopping.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Up at 4 again. After three days getting a pretty good night's sleep I've had three straight of insomnia. What a drag.

Have the grand kids staying with us tonight, That's always fun.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Two days of continuing ed on tap. It starts in an hour and I'm already tired of it.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I was up before 3 with some nerve pain. It has been a while. Cold rainy day today. There will be coffee
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Cold extremely windy and snow coming soon. 35-40 mph gusts. brrrr
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Louis - Ah, continuing ed! It is December 8. I still need to get 20 hours between now and the end of the year. I figure that in a couple weeks I should probably get started on that. Sigh.... I need 30 hours a year as part of my professional certification. I do self study on the computer. 20 hours = a long day, or maybe 2 or 3 afternoons of just working on that. I'll get it done, but I won't enjoy it! :smile:

Today is my Friday! Road trip tomorrow! Dodged the bullet on snow yesterday, and just got a dusting. This will be fun.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning Men~

Dave - I swear by Melatonin..... give it a try. Its a natural supplement.

~SKip
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Home today fixing my roof rack on my car. 15 minute job has turned into 2 hrs so far. Bars are stuck tight on the feet.

Dave, are you still doing the CBT counselor?
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Another great day men be well.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Skip, I tried melatonin and it had no effect at all.

Dropped the counselor after one session. She was unqualified, uncertified, located in a bsad neighborhood, in an office that smelled of unwashed dog (she greeted me with her doberman). Her advice included reading a best seller about sleep (I did. It mostly discussed how little we get. Nothing about how to improve that situation).

So I am back where I started. I am determined to not fall back on OTC sleep aids. They have longterm consequences from continued use.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Dave, I will be praying for a breakthrough with your sleep. There must be a qualified counselor/practitioner out there who can give you some understanding and direction. My continuing ed will be a 3 hour tamale class next week. I don't get any CEUs but the calorie account could be impressive.

Having a visit today from a friend at church who is a retired RN and studies essential oils to work on some my issues while this situation with medications and insurance continues for a bit. She takes a more scientific approach in this area that often lacks it and handles my occasional skepticism and "but that doesn't make sense" comments. She has helped with knee pain and eliminated the use of SalonPas patches my Dr recommended by teaching to make a spray that worked the same way. Plus she only charges coffee. I may throw in a lollipop.

Have a good day.