Sign-in, December 9

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    l80uw4sntjlt.jpg

This photo is not of me, but it looks like I probably looked in 1955 in the Midwest. This was Christmas in the Midwest in the 1950's. Boys like @bocasdelbob and me were great fans of the TV cowboys. We all wanted to grow up and be cowboys. Merry Christmas.
    When you were in grade school, what did you want for Christmas? What did you want to be when you grew up?
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I knew I never wanted to be the damsel in distress. Growing up the only girl in the neighborhood I was always being tied up as indians had taken me or unruly rustlers. the only thing I got good at was knots as I was tired of being tied up and started fighting back. Nothing comes to mind of something I always wanted to be. I was one of those kids were people were always telling me you can't do that. Probably why I always told my daughter she could do anything she put her mind to.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a grocery store clerk! Self check out was as close as I got.
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @RangerRickL
    Heh! I grew up in a suburb, but on the edge of my suburb was farms. Some of the guys I grew up with were motivated by "what do I gotta do to get a horse?" Those guys ended up building some pretty good lives. My vision was "what do I gotta do to get an airplane?"
    Want for Christmas though? Had to have been bicycle.
    Cheers
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a professional dart player. Although I won money at darts quite a bit I was never able to support myself 100% at it.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes-- a beautiful hike in the snowy woods and an abdominal workout= 100 min total
    calories: just barely. But, yes. I factored in the dark chocolate before consuming it. : )
    track: yes

I don't remember what I wanted for Xmas. My parents were both parents of Jewish immigrants. I loved the tree and the stockings and making sugar cookies in holiday shapes. I learned to incorporate both traditions (Hanukah and Christmas) for my own children.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Me too, @ deejkush. I pre-track my calories and work out the daily "budget", where I try to fit in a square of dark chocolate every night, along with a clementine. They just go together. Half the time, I lose this fantastic duo because I've eaten something else instead. Today I stayed on track and had my yummy dessert.
    DECEMBER 9
    Yes x 3 - Noon body pump class.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @deejkush Thanks for sharing from an expanded point of view. My own extended family is a mix of Protestant & Catholic Christians and 3 generations before me, German Jewish immigrants.
    My report for today:
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: ok
    Exercise: 35 minutes at 4 mph
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #1
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Pass day 3
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    yes x 3
    Still holding at 1 strike.

- I think I am going to try a treadmill at 4mph tomorrow. Just to see what that feels like and see what knee says about it.
    - That picture reminds me about my other thing as a kid. I used to have a darkroom and mutz around with black and white. Photos were black and white then. Color was on the horizon, but my camera used roll film. I am not talking about the cartridges that 35mm came in but bona fide roll film. I used to get camera stuff for Christmas.
    - I think that picture has some double exposure in it. Those roll film cameras would do that. Nothing to stop you from clicking again before you roll the film up to unexposed space.
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes usual class and walk. I have made it up to 30 consecutive push-ups. Woohoo
    Calories? Yes, my Fitbit died and I left my charger at work. So I am going to have to enter in stuff manually for the weekend
    Tracked? Yes
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes - Sworkit & Divvy
    Yes - barely
    Yes
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Love that picture, Rick. One of my favorite Xmas movies is A Christmas Story where Ralphie wants a bb gun and everyone keeps telling him he'll shoot his eye out! Even Santa!

Pass day#4 because I went over calories, but I did track and ran for the first time in a while so still hanging in there. I know if there are more good days than bad days in a month, I'll still be much better off than if I stop tracking altogether!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES! :mrgreen: 15 minutes moving furniture, 15 minutes walking in the freezing cold weather! BRRR!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes. :smile:

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes. :+1:
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes