Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Snow is here. Cranking up tractor soon to clear driveway.

Bill, do you have walking sticks? I have used them and they really seem to help with reducing impact on knees, hips, and back. Unfortunately, hard for me to use them when walking with dogs.

Be OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning Men~

I do not - but thanks for the advice....

Cooper is pretty good when walking....I often walk him off leash (much to the disdain of DW). All day apps's today in prep for tomorrow.....

Have a great day, men!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Up at 4 this morning. Sigh.

Really getting short of time on Christmas projects. where does the time go. Have to chop the mortises for hinges this morning. Nervous work. Do not want to screw up a piece you already have a lot of time in.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Awesome weekend! The drive to Tulsa was nice, and I really enjoyed just spending the time with my wife in the car and talking. When we got to the hotel, we were about 3 hours early for the concert. There was a very nice Italian bistro next to the hotel, and we had a very nice dinner. The hotel shuttle literally dropped us off at the door to the concert venue, and picked us up again. The concert was spectacular. I'm so glad we did this.

On Saturday, we had our annual MADD candle light vigil in Topeka. It was good to remember our children, and good to see friends that we have made. After the vigil, Connie was interviewed by a local TV station. Then, we had dinner with the MADD national president. There was just five of us at dinner, so we were able to get in good conversation. I have to believe that Connie is working herself into a more national role with MADD. I'm tickled about that.

Busy week on tap! Have a great day!

Doc Skip, praying that all goes well with your back!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Busy day today with house & Christmas chores and menu planning. Then I will be firing up the grill tonight.

Lee I have trekking poles. Actually on my second set. I used them to spare my knees, especially when I was at my heaviest, and later on more difficult climbs and descents. We also used them to snowshoe. I am learning a new walking technique that is back friendly so I will hold off on them for a bit. But they are still part of the long term plan. And I still hope to do some hiking again
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    I use trekking poles almost all the time when I hike. Have for many years. Besides being good for knees, I find it also helps a lot in tricky rock-strewn paths and can even help me to make better time on such a trail.

Snow here this morning-- a few inches, but now frozen rain.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Mornin men trek on I say!
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have a great day men make it a good one.