Sign-in, December 14

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    shb6skf6qxoi.jpg
    Aah!! As I write this post, it's 2 degrees Fahrenheit on the farm west of Chicago. I like the idea of 'layers'. In fact, I like sleeping in a cold room with lots of covers. Not as cold as it is today, but cool...maybe 65 degrees.
    Have a great day!
  • RangerRickL
    dfgs5vrxzpay.jpg

As I write this post, it's 2 degrees above zero here at the farm west of Chicago. @2020pinktogo will be reporting in soon with her weather in 'tropical' Buffalo, New York, legendary locale of super deep snow.
    Have a great day and get your activity exercise....in some warm place!
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    LOL actually they are telling us to stay home if we don't need to travel as this afternoon we are going to get lake effect snow. The morning is already starting off rough I woke up at 2am no power 5:30 still no power good thing I am compulsive and have my clothes all laid out and ready to go. 6:20 power but the house was really cold so we took the very fast shower and as they are calling for the nasty I put on the long johns and am charging my phone as I was down to 2 bars. I packed extra power bars just in case. I'm working in the drive thru today with the two girls who love it. :# They Say they feel like they are in a snow globe. Yep they are silly. I'll let you know if we get anything but I'm hoping it misses us.
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh man! I see those snow pictures. And here is me quibbling about a bike ride because of a patch of ice. Layers, I can talk about layers. I go outside bike riding today because it is predicted to be like yesterday. If that is true then that patch of ice is probably melted.
    So I go to my climbing road and discover that the ice has moved up a thousand feet or more. Melted to 8,000. Yay.
    So, getting out of the car it is a question of layers. Methinks I picked one too few. Not too bad a mistake for climbing, but you don't want that descent to be a bone chill. Going up the hill the wind is at my back. But in your mind you have to reverse that for your descent mentality.
    I am soaking wet from climbing a measly 4.3 miles. So find a place where the breeze ain't breezing and turn your clothes inside out. Get it? Dryer outer layers next to the skin.
    Windbreaker, yup, now is the right time for that. Tempted to put it on climbing but I would have just been sweatier. Ooops. Too much detail. Yeah, but I was ok on descent.
    Oh! Who did I see? No cars or trucks or nothing. Oh a pedestrian, an old guy that walks there all the time. He's got property there I am sure. Not too friendly at first. Still a man of few words. Oh, and I seen wild turkeys. I got pretty close to them or I should say they got pretty close to me. I love that road. I always wonder if it is suitable for horses. People live there have horses but I never seen anyone riding them.
    Measly 4.3 miles is 1350 feet climbing. After that gruelling spin class yesterday I consider today's jaunt to be recovery. I was at a pace I call meander climb. So theoretically you can walk as fast as I am riding. Here is the catch though. It is uphill. I tried to simulate this hill with gym cardio equipment. Just thought I'd say that. I might try some more. Big question in my mind is can I run or walk up the stuff I am riding on? Oh, I remember now. If you have a bicycle, there is somewhere to sit for the whole project. Nice if you have invested in a hill. Horrible if the road is too rough.
    Mr Wizard only gave me 500 and some calories for that. I am sitting here drinking a beer and kind of rebelling at that. I feel a pass day coming on.
    See if I can keep my beer at 300 calories.
    My HR today was way lower than yesterday. I had no intention of running my heart like I did yesterday. So that is weird. Today I did moderate HR exercise just to settle down from yesterday. Heart exercise has to be managed. I must be getting old.
    All kinds of guys out riding their bicycles today. I always wonder if they are dressing smarter than me. Compared to them I am a bit primal. Yeah, here is me, inside out clothes. But hey, nobody looks at me funny at Walmart.

I will keep you posted.

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    @2020pinktogo brrr just reading that made me hungry!
    @bocasdelbob I watch the Tour de France every year and reading your posts I picture you riding up the Pyrenees with the crowds (us!) cheering you on

Exercise: yes a lot of walking and the usual baby weight lifting at the soft play place.
    Calories: yes. I'm super lucky that my husband cooks most of our evening meals. Cooking is his hobby and it helps him unwind after work. But lately the meals have been getting a bit less healthy so I've had to be really good all day to make sure I have enough calories. I cooked tonight and we both enjoyed it. Lots of ginger, chillies and and garlic to get rid of these colds. not to everyone's tastes I know but you know when you cook something wholesome from scratch and after you can almost feel the blood flowing through your veins better and your body thanking you? Ha just me then!
    Tracking: yes. Even my daily advent calendar chocolate I've been treating myself to. Mmm. I only had enough calories for the smallest measure of red wine in my glass tonight too! Savoured it!

Hope everyone's had a brilliant day!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, about 80 minutes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, barely

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    yes x 3 It's cold and icy but so far all we have is 5 inches of snow. I think we may just luck out.
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 171 Member
    Yes x 3 Here in NW Florida the air conditioner was running today :#
    I made it home from Jacksonville did a lot of walking and I'm guessing if I was able to log my food it would have been under my calorie count.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    DECEMBER 14 - Wow! It sounds really cold!
    Yes x 3. Body Pump at lunch today. Two work friends have joined me in class recently. This healthy thing is catching on! Everybody stay safe and warm!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Exercise? Yes, 60 minute run
    Calories? Yes, I was a bit surprised by how low my final calorie total was today. I felt like I ate more, but I tracked as I ate, so I know it's all there.
    Tracking? Yes

It is -6*F and dropping, and -27*F with the windchill here tonight. I'd like to say that my thick Minnesota skin helps me tough through it, but I've burned about 10,000 calories just shivering today haha. We just have to bundle up and start our cars early to warm up before we drive. Maybe the cold stole my appetite today haha.

I am trying to spend a bit more gym time focusing on cardio. I love weights, but my cardio has taken a hit the last month. Balance is key :)
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    65 degree and partly cloudy.
    This is why I'm a
  • RangerRickL
    Baby, it's cold outside!
    I had a very basic inside day.
    Calories: ok, but just barely
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: wimped out of the HIIT and just did the required walking. Maybe I'll be more energetic in the morning.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    65 and partly cloudy today.
    This is why I'm a desert rat!
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    Exercise yes
    Budget probably
    track no
    300 cals of beer.
    For all that I ate and drank moderately so I was probably in tolerance budget wise. But I can't say anything about it because I stopped tracking.
    So pass number 2.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 1 hour with a gym mix of stationary bike and treadmill

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Cute cartoon!! It's 9 a.m. in Southern Wisconsin here and -4 degrees!!! Looking forward to getting to the gym again. I made chili for yesterday and today, so that will keep me and my hubby's tummies warm. :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member

Baby it's cold outside . . . oh wait, I'm in Miami, it's 73°.
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2016
    Yes X 3!
    We went to the local Dallas Arboretum last night. They are having a 12 Days of Christmas event and have
    gazebos set up with themed decorations and lights everywhere. My lil guy even got to see Santa! I am pretty sure he was the real deal too.
    5iel41wcilss.jpg
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES :mrgreen: 45 minutes leisurely walking the hills of my neighborhood in the cold!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes :smile:

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yep :+1: