manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    COLD here. Darn polar vortex.

Be OP ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Morning. Busy time in my family... Tuesday went to lunch with some of my kids and grandkids for my birthday, while DS went to ER with gastric issues. Not serious it turned out, but liver tests had grown yet worse. My oldest daughter got on the phone with the donor center and is lining up to be screened to donate half her liver to him.

Colder yet to come, Lee. Windchills below zero tomorrow, they say.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Just saw on the weather that we could have our first zero degree morning, with snow, on Saturday.

I know, because I printed the checks, that I'll be bringing home a very nice Christmas bonus today! Woot! I love my new job!

Mike, Dave, Skip, Bill B, keeping all of you men in prayer for your various aches and pains. Mike, special prayers for your son.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Woke up to a dusting of snow. Been a very chilly week. Still, I got out for a 5-mile walk yesterday, and will do so again, this morning.

Calling for ear doc appointment this morning. All this stuff tempers my usually positive outlook on life. I need a break, so I can get out the snowshoes and head for the mountains.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Yeah we got a lot more than a dusting south of David in PDX. Over 1200 kids stranded in Beaverton schools as their busses couldn't take them home. Another 800 kids stranded in Tigard schools as of 9:00PM last night. Always a problem when snows hit in the early afternoon. Not that much snow but we don't plow in the neighborhoods at all and unprepared folks clog up the freeways and then abandon their cars.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Sounds like Atlanta and how we handle snow. Expressways blocked and kids stuck on buses or in schools. At least it only happens every few years.
    Fingers crossed Mike that DD will be match for DS.
    5 miles in cold I'll have more than ear issues.
    Any word from Skip?
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    No snow here, which is why I live here, just a day of rain which means the Sierra snowpack is continuing to improve and the Ski Resorts are happy. Spent 3 hours last night learning about making tamales. Not exactly WW friendly but awfully good, especially the desert one. I may try making some after Christma. Off to my class on the Gokhale method for back management. It is helping. Reduced meds are allowing some of the nerve pain to return but nothing I can't handle until I get a new prescription tomorrow. Have a great day.
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have a good day men.