Sign-in, December 15

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ql1aswtisoz1.jpg
    It's the 15th of December. We've past Thanksgiving and two weeks of December. Hmm..what lies ahead? Ok, a couple of days of family food-frenzy. But think about this... a couple of days, is not a week; not a month; not a year; and not a lifetime. Check yourself right now and tell me...what non-scale victory should you celebrate because you have been doing lots of things right?
    For me, it's that ALL of my clothes fit right. No bunching of my shirts where they transtion into my belt line. Everything is fitting just right. I'm not perfect, but I'm feeling very happy about that. Rick
    What about you?
    NSV.jpg 96.9K
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    NSV I think I have just moved on. I don't care that the world eats chips and cookies I like eating my fruit for snack and a protein bar for lunch. One of the younger girls was making fun of my eating and there was a lot of people in the break room as it was snowing out so people stayed put. I just looked at her and said I just don't care I eat what I like.

When we get to the end of winter and my clothes are still roomy then we will know I'm still doing ok LOL

ended up with a couple of feet of snow it looks like and some drifting. Hubby is doing the driveway. He was going to wait but when my alarm went off at 5;30 and he goes it's your late day I'm like I have to do the drive way in case I get called in early he grumbled and said I'll do it. "YES" One time I don't have to do it. as he's a 3rd shifter I do it most of the time.
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    NSV. It has been a long time coming but I finally got my BMI under 25. That is actually a scale victory I guess.
    I can wear 36 inch pants now. My wife says that when we got married I was a 34. I kind of don't believe her. I might have been a 34 in the military. I am kind of ok with my body now. I wish I had more upper body bulk but I think for age group I am all right.
    The best thing about my life right now is my fitness and mobility. Many of my peers have abandoned that.
    Well, they got me to show them what fun looks like.
    Fun, I think I am going to go have lunch with Buddy.

0xkq9cuusr3j.jpg
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    NSV the jeans I'm wearing only stay up with a belt and fall right down if I forget and put any weight in the pockets eg my phone. I'll have to get a new pair in the January sale I think.

@2020pinktogo you definitely have the right attitude. I don't know what it is with people and passing comment on others' healthy choices and moreso than unhealthy ones. I said no thanks to a chocolate this week and my 4 family members who were sharing them all started trying to force me to take one.

Exercise: yes, walking
    Calories: yes and I cooked again.
    Tracking: yes. Even the brie I'd forgotten about til just this second but still had enough calories. Phew!

Hope everyone's enjoyed their day!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30+ minute walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

My NSV is feeling muscles again in my arms & legs. I can't wait to see them three months from now, six months, nine . . . no matter the speed, progress is progress!

• bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Here is me striking out for December.
    I ate 3,000 calories. If I'd got 1,000 exercise cals I would have been ok.
    Oops.

Had lunch with Buddy. That little guy, I been trying to think of how to quantify his improvement in strength. The ramps. We got these buildings called portables. All of them have ramps up to them. Buddy didn't used to be able to get up the ramp without me supplementing his effort. So today I am giving Buddy free rein and he wants to go up a ramp but it ain't to our portable. So I let him. So he slugs up that ramp and after about a couple of halfway attempts, he is up there. What's he want to do now? Turn around and come down. Look at him! He is running down that ramp and I ain't holding him! I am in front of him to prevent disaster but he is running down that ramp with a smile on his face bigger than sunshine!

Then what does he want to do? He wants to go back up it! Buddy and I are doing hill repeats!

What a day. I am going to be smiling and laughing inside myself for a good while on the memory of this day.

I wish I had a smart phone. I shoulda got a picture of this.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, 45 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    DECEMBER 15
    Exercise - Yes, swimming
    Tracking - Yes
    Calories - Sadly, no
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @fitqueenbess You are sticking with us and that's a victory too!
    My report:
    Tracking: good
    Calories: very good
    Activity: I can hardly call my basic walking actual exercise. Treadmill for 25 minutes
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 60 min Cycle strength class
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Sick Day again, it's so hard to stay on track when you don't feel well.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes :mrgreen: 45 minutes Cardio Boxing

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes :smile:

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes :+1:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 100 min at gym including 13 miles on bike and doing treadmill work and then doing my 5-min ab and arm apps when I got home. I'm trying to get more strength training in. Someday I'll try out the weight machines at the gym.

NSV -- I've been more vigilant with eating non-junk food and staying under calories this week and have been at the gym every day.
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    12/15
    Yes x 3
    Crossfit class and tracked and stayed under